• Show
Clear All

• houndsooth on a wheel?

Comment

• gloss black face - bronze lip - copper bolts, like you mentioned before

or just something realy crazy

Comment

• Originally posted by TeckniX View Post
        I'm gona throw it out there, but you could also do a pretty sweet pattern like the crown on stance nat
        Originally posted by Heist View Post
        I was actually thinking a pattern would be sick. Not sure how many are familiar with Houndstooth, but its one of my all time favorite patterns

might be a little too much going on, but I'm enjoying the outside the box thinking.
        Originally posted by fresh.gen View Post
        i kinda disagree. With the simpleness of the paint job, going with a crazy wheel design would set the car off.
        Originally posted by ZammoTheChoppa View Post
        OOOOh OOOOh

i was thinking if i were to wrap a wheel

Broken Bones, Blood & Guts style pattern
        Originally posted by TeckniX View Post
        +1 on using that pattern then - Plus this way you can get wheels that are knackered and still get the look you want
        Originally posted by ionz View Post
        houndsooth on a wheel?
        Originally posted by EdwinBlack View Post
        gloss black face - bronze lip - copper bolts, like you mentioned before

or just something realy crazy
        Boys, boys, boys.
        Gotta say I'm disappointed to read all of this.

I don't want to be harsh, but here's my $0.02

If you do something as discussed, it will ruin the car. All of the hard work and effort you've put in will be tarnished by an attempt to stand out with silly patterns that scream "look at me!".
        Build a car people will remember not for the gimmicky finish you put on your wheels, but instead, the astounding package as a whole that allows your work to showcase itself.

Silver, Gold, or polished. Those are the gentleman's wheel color choices. My suggestion is to stick with one of those.

Comment

• Completely agree with Mike on that! It is your car and it's about what you like, but I do feel like going all flashy on the wheels and trying to draw attention to them would distract too much from the car and the amazing job you've done on it
          '13 Civic
          4x4 until not poor

Comment

• I agree full heartedly..

Don't do it
            Last edited by Dwob; 04-12-2012, 12:21 PM.
            @DollaDollaDill

Comment

• hmm I intially started this commment with "I Disagree" but I dont think that is exactly true:

While a simple finish like Silver, Gold, or polished would also look tits. IMO he has kept the car very understated and a semi-out there wheel could help draw attention to teh car and bring out what he has done to it. sometimes cars can be too easily overlooked. That said I dont think dayglo blue green pink is the answer, but something more understated like the car itself. I love bronze and copper or ghosted patern (that is painted on not wrapped) could also be awesome. Some sort of pearl that only shows through in certain angles with the right light, would keep in the theme of "its in the details". just my .02

For Sale - e24 Build thread

Add me on Facebook
              Instagram @Dared_Turtle

Comment

• if the wheels were my choice, i'd head over to daimond racing and grab some steelies. they're cheap and come in a range of sizes and should clear your big brakes, but it's not my choice so do what you want and i'll support it

Comment

• Originally posted by Heist View Post
                  I was actually thinking a pattern would be sick. Not sure how many are familiar with Houndstooth, but its one of my all time favorite patterns

might be a little too much going on, but I'm enjoying the outside the box thinking.
                  yes I just quoted myself. If I was going to do a pattern it would be the inner barrel just to make it subtle over the top. I live in a very unfriendly area for modified cars, thus the color, year of the car, and no tint on the windows haha.

Enjoy the ideas though so please keep them coming!

Comment

yes I just quoted myself. If I was going to do a pattern it would be the inner barrel just to make it subtle over the top. I live in a very unfriendly area for modified cars, thus the color, year of the car, and no tint on the windows haha.

Enjoy the ideas though so please keep them coming!
                    This actually sounds pretty cool! If you dont want to do gold (which you have adimentaly stated you dont) I would say do a deep bronze or just a good old metallic silver, will look kinda boring but SUPER clean. I wouldn't **** on the other wheels you posted because they are cheap/fake (who cares) I just don't think they would work well with the cars design itself.

Please take some more awesome pictures before you un-gold them! I think they look AWESOME in gold!
                    Originally posted by JC.
                    'Stance' doesn't have to be scraping your car along the floor, that is simply the scene that has caught on. As long as your car looks amazing (in your eyes) while your rolling down the street, that is your own personal perfect stance.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

• maybe i missed something but how are you now able to work on your car in your driveway? didnt you go broke paying off tickets working on your G? what changed? and +1 on the houndstooth

Comment

I live in a very unfriendly area for modified cars, thus the color, year of the car, and no tint on the windows haha.
                        ^ fuck them, make it loud and drive slow so it lingers

Originally posted by soab View Post
                        Please take some more awesome pictures before you un-gold them! I think they look AWESOME in gold!
                        ^ this, I think you should daily some wide steelies powdered that bronze, like 16x10's. you don't have to make this thing shouty at the wheels to get attention, the ones who know will recognize the changes on the whole car and the hard work put in to achieve it. besides, if you ever need a little verbal encouragement, post some pictures. this thing is so choice and we'll tell you. I'm still on the raw/brushed lips, shot peened faces and bronzed/copper hardware. understated and unique, or gentlemanly as mr. borroughs stated

Comment

• Originally posted by softg View Post
                          ^ fuck them, make it loud and drive slow so it lingers

^ this, I think you should daily some wide steelies powdered that bronze, like 16x10's. you don't have to make this thing shouty at the wheels to get attention, the ones who know will recognize the changes on the whole car and the hard work put in to achieve it. besides, if you ever need a little verbal encouragement, post some pictures. this thing is so choice and we'll tell you. I'm still on the raw/brushed lips, shot peened faces and bronzed/copper hardware. understated and unique, or gentlemanly as mr. borroughs stated
                          copper is pretty cool
                          Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

• imo... do houndstooth fabric on door panel inserts and other small touches.

keep the wheels clean and timeless.

Comment

• Fully polished, with some silver variation face.
                              @jroc561
                              71' 240z, 03' CL55, 04' CayenneTT

Comment

• There is a lot of debating going on about your choice of wheel colour/pattern, and I think there is just something that you need to take into consideration.

Yes, absolutely everybody has their own opinion, and they are entitled to that... But if you have your heart deadset on something and everybody is trying to discourage you, don't even bother listening.

I know it has been said a lot by many other members, but your personal style is something that, no matter how hard you try, will have you standing out from the crowd. That said, being a forgettable person with an over the top try-hard car is not something that is ever going to get you anywhere from the start (not directed at your Heist )

Keep to your own values, do what you see as a personal preference and stick to it, i'm sure if how the progress is going so far is anything to go by, it'll be one hell of an amazing final product

Comment

Working...
                                X