• Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice update the colour concept seats
    Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

looks reeeeealy nice !!!

great colours black // red

woher ist der geile aufkleber --> "no fat chicks , will rub" ? mega lustig !

grüße aus'm norden !

Comment

@ squishy
        ebay.com

@ Topic
        Think you guys now how they look, but as I did some pics anyway...

16x9.5J ET38 all around... got to see if I can get 215/35s on them all legal...
        If it won't work, I'll probably get them cut down to 9J, as you still can get 215/35s on 9J all legal in Germany and hey... just would allow me to drop the Golf even more

Going to get those tires (they are still the first ones, on which the C4 left the factory, lol) pulled down on monday, going to see how they fit under the arches then lol
        Last edited by Shepherd; 10-24-2012, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Should fit fine with minor work on the arches and 215/35s.
          Last edited by Shepherd; 10-24-2012, 07:40 PM.

Comment

looking forward to seeing those new rims with some rubber and on the car

Comment

Tried two different color-schemes for the wheels in the last days.
              My first idea looked like this:

But the scheme I'll go with will be this:

There are some more things planned for the next year...such as getting rid of the area for the licenseplate on the frontbumper, trunkdoor without the nub for the rearwhiper and without a mechanical opener, different taillights and other small mods... there'll be lots to do... during the winter season.
              Last edited by Shepherd; 10-24-2012, 07:41 PM.

Comment

loving it!

Comment

i wish my mk3 was this clean. keep up the good work.

Comment

I love this car!
                    I got a set of salad shooters(8,5J all around)in mint condition,if you want to trade 2 of 9,5J for 2 of 8,5,just let me know.

Comment

love your gti bro and good job looks very nice

Comment

Meanwhile in Germany....

333333Km...

Then I went down to Bavaria to visit the christmas market in Augsburg as we wanted to eat some sausages and other tasty things...
                        oh and we picked some wheels up....

...and suddenly stance happened!

Put them on yesterday... there's a lot of work still to be done.
                        Currently the left rear wheelarch is playing all the good christmas songs... like Holy Rubbing, Rubbing is Coming to Town and We wish you a happy Rubbing.

Rims need to be repainted, other tires need to go on, maybe more camber... and a bazillion other things that I planned for 2012 need to be done.
                        But i think it's all going in the right direction.
                        Last edited by Shepherd; 10-24-2012, 07:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherd View Post

Put them on yesterday... there's a lot of work still to be done.
                          Currently the left rear wheelarch is playing all the good christmas songs... like Holy Rubbing, Rubbing is Coming to Town and We wish you a happy Rubbing.
                          Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

I gave that bitch some poke. Bitches love poke.

Borbet A, 9Jx16 ET15
                            FA: ET00 15mm spacers on the front for brake clearance
                            RA: ET-10 25mm spacers to match the front, but I'll rather go with 20mm spacers once I run those wheels

....some months ago I sold my first set of Borbet A 9Jx16s on eBay... they should now be running on a VR6 in Bangkok, Thailand
                            When I sold them; I really started to miss them. So when these two popped up on eBay, I was more than happy when I caught them for a very good price.
                            Now I'm looking for the other two

They won't be the wheels I'll be running this season though, same with the Corvette wheels...

There's more stuff I changed on the Golf... just installed a Hartmann muffler, which you can see on the last pic (yes, It still needs some adjustment :p ), a OMP 35cm steering wheel:

...and I'm currently working on custom taillights:

On the left you can see an original, black Hella Magic Colour taillight (before I destroyed it with a hammer) and on the right you see the OEM Hella Golf GT taillight with the black Magic Colour indicator glas.
                            Did it for the great Black/Red look and for legal issues. The Magic Colours don't have a reflecting area, so you would need to put a set of red reflectors somewhere onto the back, which just would ruin the clean look.

There are more mods to come: New headliner, changes on the front, new bootlid, etc. and of course more wide wheels.
                            Last edited by Shepherd; 10-24-2012, 07:42 PM.

Comment

As I still need to find two more Borbet A in the same sizes and as I just bought them out of a mood, I guess I should show my rims for this year's season:

AZEV A 9Jx16 ET15
                              They'll be wrapped up in Dunlop SP Sport 9000 215/35
                              The fronts will be fitted without spacers, while I'll use 5 or 10mm spacers at the rear (used 10mm on the pic).

I bought a second set of them in a much better condition, when they arrive they'll get a nice respray... and it sure won't be silver again.
                              Last edited by Shepherd; 10-24-2012, 07:42 PM.

Comment

So friday... Carfriday finally arrived!

DrAK, my brother and I decided to spend the day at the Nürburgring.
                                Every Carfriday hell breaks loose there, as on Carfriday we celebrate the start of the car season here in Germany.
                                ...of course I had to drive on the Ring, though especially on that one day of the year, there are many idiots around and on the track. But I just got to celebrate this day by giving the GTI it's first hard lap(s) of the year.
                                So I did two laps:
                                1. Lap

2. Lap

Many photographers caught me on cam, too:

Comment

Working...
                                X