X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love your work man. Looks great!!

Comment

• Originally posted by robcouzens View Post
      yea i saw that above. black and tan will go really well! if it comes out successful im going to get some black to rejuvenate my interior
      It ment to be good stuff. I bought some black as well to redo my steering wheel because its looking a bit worn.
      Have a look on there website. There are a few pics on there of restoration stuff. Its quite amazing really.

Originally posted by LaMaR- View Post
      I am up in Scotland and just picked up a issue of fastcar the other day same dice lol. Great build cant wait to see more
      Thank dude

Originally posted by _hmnib5 View Post
      @luke. Did my A pillars and console over the weekend.. Hot glue works wonders for the fabric edges. As for my B pillars, that requires me to take my seat belts out. My hands are too big
      Hope its looking good then. You got a build thread?

Originally posted by dollaR View Post
      Love your work man. Looks great!!
      Thanks mate!

I tried a heat gun on the saggy head rest and it worked a treat. Nice a tight again now! those wrinkles will come out with the leather dye stuff.

My dying kit tried to get delivered today but as always they tried in the half an hour i was away from the house. So i'm getting it tomorrow instead.

I booked my car in for an MOT on thursday so thought i would check my car over yesterday. I decided i needed 2 new suspension bushes so i changed them over today. 1 arm on each side needed changing because you cant change the bushes in them.

Spot the new arm lol. Changed on both sides.

Hopefully a more interesting interior update tomorrow. after i refit my ABS sensor because i needed a new sleeve thing to fit it. £12 for a damn tiny bit of metal!!!

Instragram: @lukeybabes

Comment

• Ridiculous that this cost £12!!! Abs sensor holder

Turns out the MOTers didnt like the look of some other bushes after i change the 2 arms that i though were the only bad ones. so i couldn't be arsed and made them do it.

SO NOW I AM NO BACK ON THE ROAD! YAY.

Anyway, while it was at the MOT i got on with the seats.

Got my kit

Filled some cracks

before

1st coat

2nd base coat

finished colour.

Need to put the satin finish on and the sealer to finish it.

Unfortunately the air brush fell off the table and broke so i have been unable to do anything else on it yet. but i have finished the colour on the door cards and some other small bits.

Comment

• Got the bit for the air gun today and came in an overly big box for what it is lol. The tiny bit of metal is what i got. And it was in a bag in a pot in a box with those foam chips.

Here is some finished bits.

Would of been able to do the rest tomorrow. but i ran out of air gun compressed air cans. Haven't even started spraying colour the rear seats and i ran out of compressed air! and the kit says there is enough stuff to do a while interior including dash and center consul. Yet i haven't even finished the colour strange and i run out. And there are 3 coats of satin finish to spray on and then 3 coats of sealer to spray on there whole interior! Not cool really. I sent them an email earlier complaining. Because they advertise it as a kit to complete the entire job obviously.

Comment

• Finished off the colouring today and got the seat fitted. Might be able to do the door cards tomorrow!

Fitted the black trim from my old seats as well. Typical that when i was taking all the plastic trim bits off from the cream interior i broke nothing but when i was taking the black bits off that i wanted, i brake a few bits! lol

Stripped the interior and spent a while hovering up all the crap. DIDNT EVEN FIND ANY MONEY?!?!?!

Took a pic to show how much the suspension raised up after taking the interior out. A good 20mm i would say!

A pic of a finished seat

Its hard to take pics of the interior. Nut this is the best i could do in a rush.

Not to sure about the headlining now. Might be in for a change as it doesn't really go that well. At least change the arm rest anyway.

And i also FINALLY got tracking number for my RS coming from Germany yesterday!

Might get the door cards in tomorrow

Comment

• I cracked on with the door cards today! And i think its really made a massive difference!

Before

After

Tiny bit of contrast between the seats and headlining lol

Going to try all the gray grab handles etc in black before changing the headlining fabric.

I personally think it looks amazing!

Comment

• Looks almost like terracotta brown. Such an beautiful color, I love it. Did you say what kind of dye you used? I think I might try and find an extra interior to try this on.
                Strictly Pleasure/Zero Clearance/Stretch Your Legs
                Alex

Comment

• I saw a thread on this on vortex last year. It honestly was an inspiration for me to build my B5. Then it ended up costing too much (POS V6) and I purchased a MK1 Rabbit to work on. One day I'll pick up another B5 and do work. Easily my favorite Passat anywhere!

Comment

• Ah man you definitely need to change your headliner

Seats look fantastic!
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by NeedingAnAudi View Post
                      Looks almost like terracotta brown. Such an beautiful color, I love it. Did you say what kind of dye you used? I think I might try and find an extra interior to try this on.
                      Thanks mate. I really like it! Its not really dye. Its paint. Really durable stuff apparently.

Originally posted by bnortron113 View Post
                      I saw a thread on this on vortex last year. It honestly was an inspiration for me to build my B5. Then it ended up costing too much (POS V6) and I purchased a MK1 Rabbit to work on. One day I'll pick up another B5 and do work. Easily my favorite Passat anywhere!
                      Do i have a thread on votex? Cant remember. lol. I have a mk1 as well haha. That will get finished one day! lol.
                      And thanks! means alot!

Originally posted by dav3design View Post
                      Ah man you definitely need to change your headliner

Seats look fantastic!
                      Yeah im thinking just black swade or however you spell it. lol.

Comment

• Damn those seats and doorcards turned out really well! Nice work!

Comment

• Thanks man!

Comment

• looks phenomenal. Can't wait to do my interior

ig: @jonnie86

Comment

• Fuckin' sweet man!! Great work

Comment

• One of the best b5 I gave ever seen, great moods. I'm looking forwar for more...

Comment

Working...
                                X