Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bbs rc090 style 5 wheel rebuild hardware found! $115.00 for a set a 4!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bbs rc090 style 5 wheel rebuild hardware found! $115.00 for a set a 4!

Sup,

so finally finished my rebuild, learned a lot about these things along the way. so theres been LOTS of talk about what bolts to use, most reuse bolts, some use RS bolts even tho lots of peeps don't recommend them, etc.... so here's what i found thro experiance...

i bought the rebuild kit via ebay for $200.00 shipped, http://www.ebay.com/itm/BBS-BMW-Styl...f43380&vxp=mtr

stainless steel, shouldn't rust, bla bla bla. not oem but i do really like the domed shape with the allen key. i feel these will be easily disassembled and reassembled due to no "shouldered" style bolts. they went in nice, no wobbling/play compared to the oem stuff and they look great! my buddy did the reassembly and said it was straight forward, just time consuming.

so, i have a 2nd set i'm doing and ended up going to Tacoma Screw a local nut/bolt shop in seattle wa. i ended up buying the same exact stuff for $115.00. so if you guys are interested in a easy solution to rebuilding, here are the pics & part #'s for these bolts & nuts. not saying don't buy from tha dude on ebay as i did, and am very happy with them, but if you have a lil time on your hands and access to a nut/bolt store near you, save yourself a lil $$

Those bolts would have the same problems that RS bolts have. They don't have splines on them.

The original bolts have splines around the top of the bolt right under the shouldered area, which is why they're so hard to source.

Comment

Originally posted by zx666r View Post
      Those bolts would have the same problems that RS bolts have. They don't have splines on them.

The original bolts have splines around the top of the bolt right under the shouldered area, which is why they're so hard to source.

yes i know that. but unlike the RS bolts, these bolts are actually larger in diameter on the shaft area so when you put them in the face doesn't have any play/ sides around. what other problems are you referring to?...

Comment

Originally posted by Wu! Wraps View Post
        yes i know that. but unlike the RS bolts, these bolts are actually larger in diameter on the shaft area so when you put them in the face doesn't have any play/ sides around. what other problems are you referring to?...
        They could be closer to the correct diameter, but without the splines they still can still rotate and move.

I'm re-using mine from my rebuild even though it isn't recommended. Also I really don't like the way these bolts look compared to the regular splined bolts, but that's subjective.

Comment

How did you get the chrome on the center cap?

Comment

I have thought about using a button head allen too. but I think I would stick with a flange nut on the back.
            the OZ nuts I have are also serrated on the flange face for a lock nut feature. but the BBS nuts I have are smooth on the flange. :shrug:

I plan on re using all my nuts. I got new bolts from Tunershop for my BBS but the flange is a tad larger that original. not really sure how I like that.
            I dunno, I may just re use my BBS bolts too as they look to be in fine shape. totally free of corrosion. my OZ bolts are chrome and slightly pitted. I'll replace those.

thanks for posting up about this, interested to hear how they go.
            all I can think of is since they are threaded the hole way to the head they may dig into the edge of the holes and the threads are a potential shear point...but that may be a little over cautious thinking.

hmmm cannot find M7 screws on McMaster Carr or Tacoma Screw site. I'd need to drill out my wheel holes for M8 and no way on earth I'm doin that.
            Last edited by Crankey; 09-07-2013, 08:54 PM.

Comment

May be cheaper but those bolts just don't compliment the wheels.
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/imag...es/cruisin.gif

Comment

Originally posted by Mike36 View Post
                May be cheaper but those bolts just don't compliment the wheels.
                Eh...I think they look pretty nice honestly. Like CCW Classics...they use ugly hex head ARP bolts, and they look awesome. Haha.

What bothers me is that there are no splines on them, whereas the original BBS bolts had them, and probably for a reason.

Comment

I think i saw some guy selling the same for 200 on ebay.
                  i have rs bolts, thought they were gonna be a pita, but they went on easy.
                  got them for like 180 and theyre gold. sold my original ones for 80, so.

hi

Comment

Originally posted by hffvdbl View Post
                    How did you get the chrome on the center cap?
                    It's a metal cover. Pull them off mid-90's Lincoln wheels:

Comment

It makes your wheels look like faux multi-piece ala American Racing wheels.

Comment

nice catch man, enjoy them!

Comment

I have tons of spare style 5 bolts if anyone is searching. They have been polished and chrome plated.
                          EHRLICH WHEELWORKS
                          ewheelworks.com
                          facebook - Ehrlich WheelsWorks
                          IG - ewheelworks
                          Custom Powder coating, custom wheels, and custom metal finishing.

Comment

Working...
                          X