1970 Karmann Ghia - Panscraper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1970 Karmann Ghia - Panscraper

Well I might as well start this thread now. I picked up this Ghia for 1600$ today. Barely any rust at all, pan is in really good shape. New breaks, carb etc. The car runs via gas directly in the carb, so I'm replacing the fuel pump tomorrow as the line does not seemed clogged from the tank. Plans are to go way low with it. Placing the order for the 4" narrowed beam with adjusters, new shocks, tie rods and bushings etc this week for the front, and plan on going down one or two outer notches in the rear. Should sit really nice.

Home on the trailer.

Sitting in the garage.

Thats all I have until tomorrow when i get her running. Will update then!
    [URL="http://bagriders.com/modlab/"][COLOR="MediumTurquoise"][B]BagRiders[/B][/COLOR][/URL]

Nice! I love Karmann Ghia! Haven't seen one properly slammed yet

Comment

amazing man, i adore ghias.

its cool to see them modified more now a days.

Email | Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

The car looks stunning, and an excellent find at that price

Comment

Awesomeness
          I dislike Byron.

Comment

Wow, I want one of those so bad. My dad had one when he was young and he said he drove it all the way across the country to every stop on a Grateful Dead tour lol. It looked exactly like yours
            Last edited by jcbe34; 03-04-2012, 08:32 PM.

Comment

oh boy im excited for this one

Comment

Originally posted by X5X View Post
                Nice! I love Karmann Ghia! Haven't seen one properly slammed yet

Thanks man. Actually theres a guy on here with a really nice red one. I believe JSM Graphics is his user name, check it out for sure.

Originally posted by Jesus Christ View Post
                amazing man, i adore ghias.

its cool to see them modified more now a days.
                Yeah they're great cars, I can't wait to get this one rolling.

Originally posted by Yogi_Bear View Post
                The car looks stunning, and an excellent find at that price
                Thanks man, it really is in great shape. I couldn't pass it up at that price.

Originally posted by got splits? View Post
                Awesomeness
                Thanks!

Originally posted by jcbe34 View Post
                Wow, I want one of those so bad. My dad had one when he was young and he said he drove it all the way across the country to every stop on a Grateful Dead tour lol. It looked exactly like yours
                Thats fucking awesome haha. Ive wanted one forever too. Glad I finally had the opportunity to snag one.
                Originally posted by kevbot View Post
                oh boy im excited for this one
                Haha I am too!

This was my last car. I traded this for an EK 4 door and 7250$ cash and then bought the Ghia. I wanted a reliable DD, and a project car on the side for when I have free time on the weekend and I'm not in school. The rest of the money is put away to help pay for school. I loved the wrx, but I don't need that much car right now in my life.

[URL="http://bagriders.com/modlab/"][COLOR="MediumTurquoise"][B]BagRiders[/B][/COLOR][/URL]

Comment

So excited, ghias are one of my favs, good call on having one plus a daily
                  @DollaDollaDill

Comment

Haha yeah I like having the civic for the reliability and gas mileage. And I have my bike rack so I can go to the park whenever now which is nice.

Comment

subd

For Sale - e24 Build thread

Add me on Facebook
                      Instagram @Dared_Turtle

Comment

damn you scored man
                        Its my money, and I need it NOW!

1978 Toyota Corona in the works
                        http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27234

Comment

You and your changing plans lol
                          Find me on Instagram - alex_garagezeroeight

1931 Ford Model A project - http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=2362912

Comment

Lol you know me. Little update:

Got her running! New fuel pump and she cranks right up. Drove it around the block and I already love it haha. Runs great. Brakes are strong, good clutch, and tranny shifts smooth. Also fixed small things like the hood, or I guess trunk? latch.

Coming this weekend: Rear torsion adjustment, radio install, clean interior/exterior a bit. Gonna place an order with airkewld for a new front beam setup to bring the front down.

Some more small pics and a super shitty video of it running haha.

Cool volkswagen club of American sticker on the window it came with.

Horrible video but it does run aha.

Thats it for today

Comment

Drove it some more today. It was a nice day out so me and my buddy cruised to the store to get some supplies to do what we do when we get bored haha.

This is all done with spray paint

Also, The UPS man dropped me off a box of goodies for my DD EK. Function&Form Type 1 Coils, NRG Short hub + Gold NRG Quickrelease. Waiting for my classic Nardi and rear LCA's to come in to install all that shit.

Placing an order tomorrow with Airkewld for their complete lowering kit. 4" Narrowed beam with adjusters, narrowed torsions, 2.5" drop spindles, lowered ball joints, shortened tie rods, delrin bushings, and correctly valved front and rear shocks. Then when that all shows up, Ill pull the front beam and install that, and index the rear torsions down 2 clicks to get her sitting perfect.

Should take anywhere form 2 weeks-A month to get the kit in. So until then, ill work on the daily a bit, and just keep driving the ghia when I get the chance.

Comment

Working...
                              X