Car Wont Turn On But Lights Work, PLEASE HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Wont Turn On But Lights Work, PLEASE HELP

Hey guys so I've done a full search to see if anyone has had any similar problems and literally couldn't find out whats wrong with my car. Ill start out with the details

Nissan
    350z
    2004 Base
    6spd Manual

So recently my car started acting up, i had the check engine code to change my driver side camshaft sensor, i ordered the part online and hasn't came yet. Anyway the car has a bad sensor for id say 2 weeks MAX and since I'm out of school i rarely drove the car it only hesitated to start twice. So the other day i was coming back from work and the car felt like it wanted to die on the freeway which i knew was a cause of the bad camshaft sensor so after that day i left the car parked and didn't drive it at all waiting til my new sensor to come to start driving it again. So today i was bored and went outside to replace my fender liners, i started the car and it started up 100% fine no hesitation at all i let it warm up and moved it inside the garage to install my fender liners. So an hour passes by and i finished installing the fender liners and i go back inside my car to start it just to pull it out of the garage and nothing. The car didn't even click and try to start, the gauges don't light up nothing not even the radio works. Its literally as if there were no battery with the exception that my tail lights, headlights and dome lights turn on but thats it. I have a really strong battery its an xs 5100-r that I've had since 2012 but never gave me problems. I cannot remember if i left the dome light on while installing but i doubt my led dome lights would kill my battery in an hour. Or can they? anyway i tried to jump start the car but still nothing. My battery doesn't have regular terminals so the jumper cables were barelyyyy on there so i don't know if thats the reason the car wouldn't jump start. Or can the bad camshaft sensor cause this? I would expect at least the radio to be able to play but nothing and what surprises me is that literally an hour before that my car turned on 100% fine can anyone PLEASEEEE help me? i have work and school starting tomorrow.

I also want to add some random info
    I live in California so i doubt the weather has anything to do with my car starting i know cold weather can affect the car starting but its like 70 degrees here.
    &
    The car had atleast half a tank of gas so fuel isn't an issue

Also the battery gauge in the car was reading the battery over 12V right before i began to install my fender liners, i have a habit of checking the gauges every time i start the car so idk how it could've died out so fast

Follow Me On Instagram/Twitter: @0mg350z

A bad cam sensor wont cause a lack of power to the radio and such, a bad battery though, will. Just cause you think the battery is good, does not make it so. More so if it sits alot, go have it checked.

Comment

This happens in my truck quite often. I let it sit for a few days without driving it, go to start it and it doesn't but the lights/everything else work.

Mine was the battery, it was just old and wouldn't hold a charge for very long.

Comment

@sleeps, @skrait. Thanks guys I guess its time for a new battery but my battery never gave me problems and just an hour before it started up perfectly fine and the battery never showed signs of not holding charge. Can a battery just die out of nowhere?

Follow Me On Instagram/Twitter: @0mg350z

Comment

Yes. Yes it can.

Comment

I'd say first check your battery and if that clears.. Pull the wheels lines and check the harness.

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

Working...
            X