Lazy Sunday 400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lazy Sunday 400

I picked up a '95 LS400 last a couple weeks ago for a daily driver.

$4500 with 71,XXX original miles, although whoever drove this thing for those miles had the depth perception of Ray Charles. I don't think there is a panel without a dent or a scratch.

It handles like I do on a Sunday after a bucket of Jameson, my goal is to mix some form and function rather than do the VIP treatment.

Upgrading the lighting, K&N filter, and ordered a hub so I can put my Grinta in. Coilovers are coming but it is going to be summer time before it is lowered.

From a thematic standpoint it would be cool to see an LS in a function oriented build on here. Japanese 18s decent bit of stretch but still some sidewall. This could be cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Originally posted by s t a y g o l d
    and don't trash talk people, that's for hos at the club.
    S4 Avant - Build Thread

Comment

This ruined me. It ruined me hard. But, I still like these and hope to see some cool stuff come out of this build.
      stanceworks: I don't really fit in.

Comment

Mmmmm, this tickles my pickle real good. Nice rare color to start with too I had an 89 LS400 that was on its balls on 18" Works, and it was fucking awesome.... but honestly I want another one to go OEM++++. Throw in some rear curtains, a front table, better tires, maybe some wider 15s or 16s. Keep the Lexus-ness, but upgrade it. I'm excited to see what you do

Comment

I'm seriously clapping my hands with enjoyment! I have never seen an LS build from the start on SW so I'm in for a treat. Can't wait.

Originally posted by Stupid Kid
          I need the weed in advance i can't ride my bmx across the ocean unless im high

Comment

got high hopes for this. not going the traditional "VIP" that everyone and their mothers think they do.

looking forward to this build

Instagram: @half_lung

Comment

I hope I can deliver on this one guys. I do love Elvis'/Stancenation's LS, I have to admit his car was a factor in seeking out an LS. There is a video of his taillights that I have watched a hundred times.

Here is where I am drawing inspiration from, I hope the influence is clear as this progresses.

The Across EK is one of my favorite cars of all time, my first two cars were a 96 hatch then a 99 hatch.

I also love the Evo II, I feel like the LS has similar lines and the Evo II has a 90's look that has aged perfectly.

Comment

I looked at his tail lights about a gabillion times myself. I like your ideas too. It should work out well.
                stanceworks: I don't really fit in.

Comment

If anyone knows what seat brackets might fit, shout it right out.

The GS300 brackets looks close, I can't tell for sure though

THmotorsports has some corbeau brackets listed but they say 90-95 which makes no sense to me since that is UCF10 & 1995 is UCF20. I believe they are discontinued nonetheless, wedge says the same and I hear those are shit.

Comment

Originally posted by Blumagic View Post
                    wedge says the same and I hear those are shit.
                    I vote no on the Wedge. I had them on my Camry to fit a pair of Brides, they called and asked for the measurements of the holes on the base of the seat and all that, but when they arrived they were almost half an inch off
                    I mean... with the exact distances you need being given to you, I would think it would not be that difficult.

Comment

You are a smart smart man. I've always thought the early E-Class and LS were extremely similar...That's probably because Lexus based the LS off of early mercedes while maintaining the reliability of a japanese car. I always see a little bit of my car when I see a light blue LS rolling.

Comment

For example my old benz and this UCF, with some wider black wheels and camber it'd be pretty close

Comment

Funny thing is I was cross shopping the two before realizing how similar they are. You never really see the styles cross over too often though besides a few VIP S-class cars.

190E is still pretty bulletproof though.

I managed to get my Grinta in, makes me feel like my car is cooler than it really is when I'm driving

Comment

I couldn't hold out till summer

Comment

w201 FTW

i'll be checking in again,

i've always liked ls
                              Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Working...
                              X