Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BMW e39 540 s-edc

Hi all S.W.

Car is from 1997, m62b44 with 370.000 km on his neck., full service history....I was looking for him 4 years to buy in excellent condition, and finally I did.

It is in nice condition (if we look on car that has 18 years), but there is plenty stuffs to do more...

Modell: 540I
    Motor: M62 - 4,40l (210kW)
    Gearbox: Automatic steptronic
    Color: Fjordgrau Metallic (310)
    Interior: Standard leder/Black (N6SW)

Winter setup style 33 7Jx16 with 225/55/16

Summer setup was on style 32 8jx17 and 9jx17 235/45/17 & 255/40/17

Car have Electronic Damper Control (EDC) and this is making me a big problems how to lower car and keep OEM shocks and EDC functionality.
    Was googling a lot and finaly found some solution how to make it little bit lower. I will change springs from german manufacturer Lowtec.
    http://www.lowtec.de/en/bmw/5/e39/li...-springs?c=204
    But still didnt decided how low it will go.

and finally i found rare set of 4 RH XD 8.5Jx18 ET36 3 pcs CB=72.6mm for 3-7 series.

now my plan is to make rear wheel wider to 10J - 10.5J
    i used 3 pcs calc and if im going to choose 3.25'' lips for rear (10J) offset will be ET17.....and because of wrong CB still need spacers for coversion 74.1-72.6mm

How much space i have for offset on rear? I found that on e39 min and max offset is from 11-28......what if i had 11Jx18 ET6???? will it fit
    Last edited by CaleCro; 01-04-2016, 01:45 PM.

lets continue after some time

Ordered RADINOX rear lips 3,25'' for rear wheels

they will be repainted into silver color and will put some clear coat or ceramic coat over them.

Tyres will be Vredestein Ultrac Vorti 235/40/18 and 265/35/18

and one of interior after some modifications

before

after
    Last edited by CaleCro; 05-11-2016, 04:05 AM.

Comment

Looks 100x better without the wood grain!

Comment

they will be repainted into silver color and will put some clear coat or ceramic coat over them.

Comment

Originally posted by jiafaiba View Post
          yes center piece is not finished yet.

Comment

finaly finished.

Now im waiting for spacers and longer bolts....

Comment

And finaly on car

but now it needs to go down ...low and lower

Comment

Looks good man! Good choice on the wheels, just needs more low and you'll be golden!
                '86 W126 420SE

'94 E34 525i

Follow me on IG : @mrlaef

Comment

Awesome!

Dobra makina.

Comment

Thanks...

both of you have great oldtimers, nice to see them still roling..

Comment

lets continue...before lowering car i needed to do some work on fenders

after this job i ordered Lowtec springs 30/30

So now we will se what will it be with this springs together with EDC struts, i hope it will be plenty enogh to stay as comfort, and as sport

Comment

So much things was installed from recent post... so i will post pictures..

On exterior:

Car was lowered 30/30 and as for now i'm not satisfied with rear springs...front are good.
                        On rear car is too much bumpy, not stiff enough in booth modes of S-EDC

new Alpina lip and FL Hella BiXenon added

INTERIOR:

In interior was added most of interesting things....

Kontur seats from e38...

Headliner Anthracite Alcantara suede OEM from M5

for me best and hardest mod that was done...NBT navi

Conversion from PFL-FL steering wheel....in progres

FL M sport steering wheel from M3 SMG finished with individual logo, now i'm waiting for slip ring from 3/99 FL to be adjusted onto my 9/97 PFL car

Comment

Where could i aquire an NBT nav for my E39?? That is beautiful! Love the whole car! Looks amazing!
                          I am a party pooper. I poop at parties.

Comment

So nice to se an E39 here! Really nice set of wheels and the other mods are tasteful aswell. Looking forward to following this!

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch View Post
                              Where could i aquire an NBT nav for my E39?? That is beautiful! Love the whole car! Looks amazing!
                              first check this thread for some education
                              Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.

Mine is from here...
                              This website is for sale! germaniks.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, germaniks.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Comment

Working...
                              X