Who rides air daily?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who rides air daily?

So my setup will be on in a few weeks, is there anything I should watch out for since I will be driving the car every day? I know these bag companies have really stepped up their quality in the past years, and now even offer tons of applications for commercial trucking companies.

I'm going with Universal Air Aero Sport bags, and Air House 2's.

Oh yeah... POST PICS!!
    Last edited by Mattphi; 09-01-2010, 10:29 PM.

Drive mine more or less every day and through the winter too with no issues. I've been bagged since March 2009 and aside from little leaks here and there (mostly right after it's first installed), everything should be pretty easy to maintain and keep in good working order. I see you're in FL, no real temperature change issues to deal with so it should be pretty straightforward

Flickr

Originally posted by Kielan
    Oh FUCK YES, 6-10 inches for me this weekend. FUCK YES!

Comment

I drive my car EVERY DAY. I installed my kit about 6 months ago and haven't touched it since!

Chasin Design | SoCalStanceShop | Wuste2011 Project Car
      ------------- Member Of A Eurocratic Society -------------

Wüste2011 The West Coast's LARGEST European Car Show!

Comment

Very nice. I'm really excited to get my stuff on. This will be my first car on air, so I'm still trying to learn everything. Luckily I have some great help from some local guys.

As for small leaks, like you mentioned Aaron, are those something that can be fixed from home? Or would I have to send the bag back out to UAIR? Or are you talking about small leaks in the fittings?

Comment

Originally posted by Mattphi View Post
          Very nice. I'm really excited to get my stuff on. This will be my first car on air, so I'm still trying to learn everything. Luckily I have some great help from some local guys.

As for small leaks, like you mentioned Aaron, are those something that can be fixed from home? Or would I have to send the bag back out to UAIR? Or are you talking about small leaks in the fittings?
          Yeah connections with the fittings. Just use a bottle of Windex to spray the PTC connections off the valves and the PTCs to the bags themselves as those are generally the spots where slow leaks happen. Never had an issue with a leak from a bag, just air line connections.

Having people around who have experience with air ride is a HUGE benefit. I was basically clueless about the stuff when we put it in my car but you learn pretty quickly with friends to help and having to maintain it in your own car

Flickr

Comment

I daily drove on airbags daily until I sold my truck, and I am planning on doing it again in the near future. It's as reliable as you make it. Make sure absolutely nothing rubs the bags, or air line. Check for leaks. Most reliable is manual valves if you are worried about valves sticking and freezing which I don't hear of often. Put on water traps and air dryers to be safe if you choose. You can ride as low as you want and still have a great ride, that is why I love them.

Comment

I'm getting more and more excited every day. Not gonna lie.

Comment

that makes two of us Marr...

I cannot wait to see this done, it will only make me want to complete the same.

Follow Me On Instagram! @jvc8790 #jvcphotography

Comment

I am on UAS up front and static in the rear... Its daily driven, and I put alot of miles on it.

Before the rear was lowered to current height

Ride Height (rear is actually lower now)

Current Height

Comment

driven daily on Universal Aero Sport bags over HKS coilovers. It's pretty awesome.

Comment

How's the ride quality on the UAS? I have yet to actually test ride a set.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattphi View Post
                        How's the ride quality on the UAS? I have yet to actually test ride a set.
                        Fully depends on what coilovers you're putting them over and how far down you spin the bag (the lower it's placed on the strut, the lower they can go until they bottom out but you get less lift and will have to drive at a higher PSI which rides harsher). I know my B&G and UAS combo rides better than most other setups (it's actually pretty comparable to Bagyards believe it or not) but like I said before, it really depends on what's being used with the UAS bags

Flickr

Comment

I'll be combining mine with Koni Adjustables, so I'm hoping the ride is nice.

Comment

Daily here as well and i live in London, capital speed bump hellhole.

Best thing i ever did tbh, slam when i want, cruise over the bumps when i want, brilliant theft deterrent and it looks the bollocks!!!!!!!

Just remember if you are driving daily to check those water traps often.
                            Last edited by Nighttrain1974; 11-29-2010, 05:18 PM.

Comment

I have mine sitting directly on the spanner/adjuster/lock nuts on racelands with the spanner/adjuster/lock nuts turned up 1/2 inch from the very bottom at 5psi I lay body, my ride height is 39psi (about 1 inch up) in the city and 42psi (about 1 1/2 inch up) on the highway I get about 4 1/2 inches at roughly 110psi then it doesnt get any higher because the struts top out just gets stiffer.

Comment

Working...
                              X