'94 UK E36 325i Saloon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '94 UK E36 325i Saloon

Hey guys, this is my 1994 E36 325i Saloon in Cosmos black I bought it a year and half ago now for £500 (approx $800 USD). I bought her completely stock other than it had a set of 17" Alpina replicas (which are now on my brothers E36). Before this I had an old Volvo 340 which I had used as a daily driver and also to begin learning how to drift in. The BMW was bought to take its place with both of these jobs

How I first got it:

I began doing a few minor jobs, lowered it on springs, and changed the indicators to clears and rocked around like that for a while

During this time a friend of mine had bought an E34 535i from a salvage yard he was going to use to have as a drift toy and on it were some wheels I absolutely fell in love with! He lost interest pretty quickly with the project and I nagged him to sell me the wheels before the E34 went!

Not sure what make and model they are? All I know is that they are replicas of the E36 contours but in 5 series fitment. 17x8.5 front 17x10 rear ET+13 all round. they originally had 255/45/17 tyres on. Heres a quick test fit I did of them on mine lol! This was also before i'd lowered the car

Yup they were gonna need some work lol!

The car stayed like that for a few months then. The night before I was going on holiday to Australia I stacked the car on the street wrecking the N/S rear trailing arm, driveshaft, Wheel and lower arm, obviously nothing I could do other than park it up and have some fun with the Aussies!

Came back and got the car all fixed other than the one wheel which was demolished, leaving me with no wheels! I'd got those contours off a friend so quickly got them wrapped in rubber and get em on the car!

I had a pair of 225/45/17's fitted to the rear and 215/45/17's to the front. I needed the car for work the next day so we couldn't fanny about getting the wheels on, which meant wrecking the arches to fit the backs lol!

Scaffold bar methods ftw! Just aswell this car was bought for cheap!

We tried fitting the fronts to match but being lowered on just springs didn't fit at all still so then she was rocking round like this for a few months

Bought a couple more parts such as decat and M3 saloon rear lights

Also redyed my front seats and acquired and redyed a front arm rest to freshen up the interior a little

During it all I also added some angel eyes and got those fitted in too. The next major phase came next, an M3 LSD and a set of Coilovers which meant I could finally get my front contours on the go!

Few weeks later somebody had posted up on a BMW forum a Zender front splitter up for grabs. Ten minutes after it being posted up, I had bought it one of the things I was adament on NOT doing was fitting an "M" bumper as I personally find they look to sporty looking for the image I wanted to go with this car?? Did a quick test fit of it.

then it sat in the garage for weeks before it came back out to finally get fitted lol!

Had a bit of a quiet one with buying stuff at that point I had decided I wanted to have some fun with what money i'd spent. It'd been almost a year since my last drift day and was itching to get back out there and have a real play so I did just that. The BMW did a cracking job, really felt confident with the ol' girl! This day was more a day of just learning how the car felt being pushed etc rather than looking good lol!

Came home sweet as a nut, got her cleaned up and snapped a couple of shots

This brings the car upto it's current phase in the ways of mods etc. Since then I added my Zender front lip

Swapped the OEM steering wheel to some funky fresh JDM wheel

And how she's currently looking now

the coilovers rear shocks died so I converted a pair of E34 Bilstein shocks to fit the E36. Very recently I have stockpiling a few parts ready to get fitting ready to hopefully do a trackday at Oulton Park in November such as:

-Eibach front ARB (Already fitted this)
    -Eibach rear ARB
    -Rogue Engineering Rear suspension mounts
    -2.8i Sport rear vented calipers/discs/pads
    -Powerflex eccentric front wishbone bushes
    -Powerflex rear trailing arm bushes

And this is where we are lol! There also a few other bits such as Autodim rear view mirror etc that i've fitted but I feel i've already waffled on loads with what I have added lol! As we speak though the car is actually sitting at my mates garage as the other day the O/S trailing arm had ripped out the floor so that's getting repaired and the Poly trailing arm bushes will be fitted at the same time. So yer. Hopefully I haven't bored you guys with this thread and alls C&C's are greatly appreciated

Peace out peeps!
    Last edited by griffo20022; 08-26-2009, 03:25 PM.

Love that Zender front lip.
    Everything seems to be coming along nicely; keep up the good work.

Comment

Well, eff you.

Now I'm searching ebay for Zender lips.

Nice car!

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

Love the car aside from the steering wheel. It looks ghastly IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by slocar View Post
          Love the car aside from the steering wheel. It looks ghastly IMO.
          Haha thats fair enough dude. I needed something smaller than the OEM wheel and fancied something a little different to your sporty steering wheels such as Sparco's etc. Was looking at Nardi wheels then this popped along and I took a fancy to it hehe!

P.S LOVE how clean your saloon looks btw dude, so simple yet effective

Comment

Originally posted by griffo20022 View Post
            Haha thats fair enough dude. I needed something smaller than the OEM wheel and fancied something a little different to your sporty steering wheels such as Sparco's etc. Was looking at Nardi wheels then this popped along and I took a fancy to it hehe!

P.S LOVE how clean your saloon looks btw dude, so simple yet effective
            Understood. I was just saying I'm not a big fan, but at the end of the day, we all mod our cars to how we like them.

Thanks for the compliments.

Comment

Wheels set your car off.. but i would try to bring her down a bit mooore.

oh, and what did you use to redye those seats?

Comment

hahaha

I like the mooneyes steering wheel!

2004 350Z Twin Turbo

Comment

i love lip

Comment

The fitment looks awesome!

Comment

Thanks guys. Yer I do ideally want to bring the nose down further but the front arches need flairing more to acheive that as they catch the tyres sometimes now lol! I had a feeling it was a mooneyes wheel as I saw a few it looked similar too, thanks for confirming that All I know is that it came from a Skyline in Japan (Ebay FTW!)

Comment

Love those PHat contours mate and the front lip is a nice change from replica M stylz.

Where did you find the yellow fogs? Im looking for a set at mucho cheapness without going to the $tealer.
                        E36 M3 EVOLUTION-E36 328i TOURING

Comment

looks really good. the rear wheels are awesome! needs more stretch in the front and to bring that down a bit more.

Comment

Yer well the tyre profiles all round are 45. I think i'll eventually bring em all down to 40's giving me a bit more stretch all round and also meaning I can go lower.

As for the fogs dude they're actually painted standard units lol

I used some stuff called Marabau Glasart and the colour was "Gelb" bought it from Hobbycraft for about £3.50 I'm contemplating doing the new fogs in yellow but we'll see.

Well the cars fixed again Had the trailing arm mounting points welded all back up etc so the trailing arms firmly back intact with the body lol! Also while was at it had the prop donut replaced as it had properly perished and also had my rear trailing arm Polybushes fitted will be doing an oil change and possibly clean it depending on the weather as it's filthy!

Comment

Ghetto light mods FTMFW! I'm gonna look that stuff up mate, cheers.
                              E36 M3 EVOLUTION-E36 328i TOURING

Comment

Working...
                              X