Rear Air??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Air??

I was thinking of starting my set up, but just wanted to do the rear for now, I got FK and I like the drop in the front! I need air in the rear cause I cracked my quarters with the wheel set up I have. The car is in the shop now getting body work done but I think I will need the air in the back so I won't crack them again.
    Any ideas on how to start this set up just for the rear??

Jannzy, it sounds like you a running low and damaged your body work correct?? There are a few diiferrent ways to fix this.

1) take some camber out
    2) roll your fenders
    3) air. now if you do air. I think JUST doing rears is silly. there is enough work invovled in air that adding fronts to the system isn't that much more work.
    sigpic
    SteveO@OpenRoadTuning.com
    (888) 407-2997
    >>>OPENROADTUNING<<<
    >> CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEB STORE!! <<

Become a Fan!!

Homegrown Motorsports
    Blown Euros
    Wheel Whores

Comment

Originally posted by SteveO@OpenRoad View Post
      Jannzy, it sounds like you a running low and damaged your body work correct?? There are a few diiferrent ways to fix this.

1) take some camber out
      2) roll your fenders
      3) air. now if you do air. I think JUST doing rears is silly. there is enough work invovled in air that adding fronts to the system isn't that much more work.
      I can't wait to read the response to this.

I told him just doing the rear is dumb but its not a matter of doing the entire thing or not because eventually the entire car will get bagged. Its a matter of budgeting. Right now the front of Jeffs MKIV can be driven daily with no issues. The rear cannot with his wheel/tire setup which he wants to keep hush until proper pictures are taken of the car.

So his theory is to buy the rear bags and build the trunk setup now in order to prevent damaging his quarters (for the 3rd time) and then save to buy bagyards or build a front strut with his FKs over the winter.

Cambering it in may help, but not much because the fitment is to ridiculous.

Comment

Jannzy, it sounds like you a running low and damaged your body work correct?? Yes FK's all the way There are a few diiferrent ways to fix this.

1) take some camber out: Can't the more - or + will still hit the quarters
        2) roll your fenders: fenders were rolled, they are getting rolled more, they exactully cut and pulled them more.
        3) air. now if you do air. I think JUST doing rears is silly. Well if you are willing to sell me or buy me the whole system, then yes I agree it is silly there is enough work invovled in air that adding fronts to the system isn't that much more work.
        Originally posted by 525iT_Feen View Post
        I can't wait to read the response to this.

I told him just doing the rear is dumb but its not a matter of doing the entire thing or not because eventually the entire car will get bagged. Its a matter of budgeting. Right now the front of Jeffs MKIV can be driven daily with no issues. The rear cannot with his wheel/tire setup which he wants to keep hush until proper pictures are taken of the car.

So his theory is to buy the rear bags and build the trunk setup now in order to prevent damaging his quarters (for the 3rd time) and then save to buy bagyards or build a front strut with his FKs over the winter.

Cambering it in may help, but not much because the fitment is to ridiculous.
        Thanks Olek I know the rear alone is dumb but still do able for now so that the quarters don't get messed up again.
        So I was thinking the rear bags, with a tank, and manuel switches?

Comment

Manuel makes switches? jk lol

It's doable
          We are not your average enthusiasts

Comment

Originally posted by I.CON View Post
            Manuel makes switches? jk lol

It's doable
            LMAO!! Oooppss!!

Comment

You will need valves, a tank, a compressor, bags, brackets, a guage, line, fittings, a pressure switch, and a couple small things I'm probably missing. Might as well spend 300 more and throw some aerosports over the front...

Comment

So I went to Brokedown and I noticed that air rides is the way to go, at least for your car to get noticed!

Comment

yeah you gotta have air ride to fit in now in the vw scene...ha no jk tho

i am running it but then i just want a car i can not destroy in a week from being as low as id like which i have done before
                  Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Olek! Thanks for the PM. We should get together @ a Liberty Mee sometime

Janzzy. For just rears I'm sure i can put together something basic for around $1200, and then you would just need to add lines and bags to the front when you're ready
                    sigpic
                    SteveO@OpenRoadTuning.com
                    (888) 407-2997
                    >>>OPENROADTUNING<<<
                    >> CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEB STORE!! <<

Become a Fan!!

Homegrown Motorsports
                    Blown Euros
                    Wheel Whores

Comment

Olek! Thanks for the PM. We should get together @ a Liberty Mee sometime

Janzzy. For just rears I'm sure i can put together something basic for around $1200, and then you would just need to add lines and bags to the front when you're ready
                      Thanks Steve that sounds like a plan, lets make this happen
                      Thanks Olek!

Comment

Working...
                      X