FK Coilovers for E30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FK Coilovers for E30

Anyone got/used any? Been offered a set for £550 which is about $900USD. But they say they only lower to about -80mm. This doesn't initially seem low enough for me and i don't want to fork out that cash for no reason.

So does anyone have any experience with them?

And what drop should i be looking at for a 'proper' drop?

Any help appreciated.

Sound.

I think -80mm is what is legal from TUW,u can lower more than -80

Comment

Here u can get KW coilovers and nice wheels for the same money!

Comment

Originally posted by Coops90 View Post
        Anyone got/used any? Been offered a set for £550 which is about $900USD. But they say they only lower to about -80mm. This doesn't initially seem low enough for me and i don't want to fork out that cash for no reason.

Any help appreciated.

Sound.
        That price seems a bit high, since I think these go for about $1200 brand new. FK says that all their coils will only drop 80mm, but they almost always can go lower than that. They just advertize 80mm because thats all thats legal for TUV.

80mm is about the most that normal people go on e30's- around 90ish would be considered slammed for most.

Comment

FK's are good coils and drop WAY more then what they say. You can drop the car to where its not even drivable, if that's your thing. What kit are you looking at?

Comment

Originally posted by Byron View Post
            That price seems a bit high, since I think these go for about $1200 brand new. FK says that all their coils will only drop 80mm, but they almost always can go lower than that. They just advertize 80mm because thats all thats legal for TUV.

80mm is about the most that normal people go on e30's- around 90ish would be considered slammed for most.
            These are brand new, just in a sale kinda thing. Should have put 'can get' rather than 'been offered'. There is a beige 2 door E30 on here on Borbets, im after a similar drop to that.

Originally posted by Sn00ty View Post
            FK's are good coils and drop WAY more then what they say. You can drop the car to where its not even drivable, if that's your thing. What kit are you looking at?
            This is what im wanting to hear. Do you know this for a fact though? Dont want to fork out the cash for little reason.
            It is the FK High-Sport Coilover kit.

Cheers for the replies lads.
            Last edited by Coops90; 08-10-2010, 04:28 AM.

Comment

These are brand new, just in a sale kinda thing. Should have put 'can get' rather than 'been offered'. There is a beige 2 door E30 on here on Borbets, im after a similar drop to that.

This is what im wanting to hear. Do you know this for a fact though? Dont want to fork out the cash for little reason.
              It is the FK High-Sport Coilover kit.

Cheers for the replies lads.
              I just purchased a set of FK silverlines, and the research I did before I bought them indicated that yes, FK's drop a lot lower then what the company says. For example, one of the websites I considered buying from says, "Please note: The stated lowering amount is for TUV approval purposes many of the FK coilovers have the capabilities of going lower than what is on paper from FK". Also I found a forum on DTM click here for link. On the second page the OP says, "In my opinion they are better than the H&R. Both have excellent quality, but the adjustable shocks put the th FK over the top. As for the drop, with the FK you can lower the car to where its not even drivable, if thats your thing. I hit the track often but I still like to go to a show once in a while too, so the FK will let me slam if I want." This is what sold me on FK, I wanted something that would increase my cars handling, but also allow me to really slam it. My FKs are getting installed in two days, I'm going to post a review as soon as I get a feel for them.

Comment

Any help appreciated.

Sound.
                1 - i just got mine in the mail so i can fill you in here in the weeks to come as i will be putting on the second set of fks i've owned. they would be on right now but i'm still waiting on my adjustable camber plates but from it seems, the rears are typical on all fks and that is that they could use more drop but i could be wrong on these. either way, i'll let you know.

2 - don't go off what it says for maximum drop because they only state 80mm to fall under tuv guidelines as from what ecstuning says right on their website. i can back that up as the ones i bought for my vw mkiv went so low you could probably set the front subframe on the ground LOL. i bet they do this so if you ever want to throw a bag sleeve on them that they give you an extra allowance to do so and not lose any drop height when the bags are deflated.

3 - the rears definitely need the perches removed (it was evident on my vw) with custom lower spring blocks made for them to rest on for the perfect height. other than that, they are a super great coilover for the price and the custom spring perch can be made for pretty cheap or by yourself if you have access to some tools.

4 - the huge plus side to these are that the lower hub spindle comes already mounted so warranty issues should never be a problem. that is a HUGE WIN in my book.

hope this helps, cheers.
                Last edited by Guest; 08-16-2010, 11:48 AM.

Comment

I got my FK's installed yesterday. I am really happy with them, the car handles great and all body roll is gone. I have pictures posted on my intro thread here.

Comment

Working...
                  X