I'm trying to go lower in the rear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm trying to go lower in the rear

I currently have ST coilovers on my B6 A4. Using my picture as a visual reference, you can see the front is a little lower than the rear. The front can also go about .5" lower than pictured. I have removed the threaded collar and the rear is already as low as it can go. Idk what else to do besides cut the spring, however I dont want to ruin the coilovers. My next option would be shorter springs however I dont know where I would source springs like these. The front coilovers are the combined spring/strut. The rear are isolated springs as are many newer audi/vw's. The rear springs are only flat on one side, the side in which sits on the threaded collar. The other side slips into a rubber bushing on the control arm.

This is what i mean when I say isolated rear spring. Except I've already removed the threaded portion.

take out the perch

Widebody B6 build

HIT ME UP if you need Ksport supplies. i can get them to you cheaper than anyone.

Comment

swift springs
      sigpic

Comment

can either cut the thread down on that top collar
        or just get shorter springs made, in AUS theyre only about $80 each

Comment

iam in the same situation with my R32...

iam on vmaxx c/o's with the rear perches out and i still need to go lower.

iam looking for springs right now, but wouldnt be opposed to cutting the springs. : ) lmao

Comment

My original suspension was set up like that in the rear, with the spring and shock being independent of one another. The coilovers I got converted the rear to a single, sealed shock/spring unit, and I really like it. Do they make them like that at all for the Audi? Its probably not economical to buy new coils, so in your current situation I would take out the perch or cut a coil off but that may take you too low. See about sourcing out shorter springs? Could you run a spring from a different lowering kit in the rear? As in a different, lower set of springs?

Good luck.

Comment

I have already taken the threaded collar off. I think I may buy a set of neuspeed race springs of the super low tien springs and forget the whole perch/adjustablity in the rear.

Comment

Working...
              X