Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ground Control / AGX on my Si. Not low enough?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ground Control / AGX on my Si. Not low enough?

Well, i have some ground control / KYB AGX adjustable shocks on my 00' Civic Si. I love the ride and how they handle but i for sure would LOVE to go lower. These coils are as low as they go...there is just no more thread left to go any lower.

Do any of you know if this is normal for this set up? I've seen other honda's slammed on GC...just isnt going to happen with mine.

Is there anythign i could do? I guess i would be apposed to cutting springs, so other options would be appreciated.

Thanks for the help in advanced!

Here is how it sits...

I have a front lip btw...just not on in this photo. Should be on around wednesday!

.Chris
    Civic Si

You could always buy shorter springs and swap them out?
    "This community is made up of people who strive to push the boundaries of the conceivable"

Comment

Originally posted by Eric M View Post
      You could always buy shorter springs and swap them out?
      I was doing some more research about this yesterday and i guess GC or Eibach offers a shorter / stiffer spring. I think im going to look into that a bit more.

Thanks!

.Chris
      Civic Si

Comment

Any info on this shorter stiffer spring? I need some for my Integra.
        - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

get those 4x4 tires off those wheels. That will help alot.

Comment

Originally posted by prodigee View Post
            Any info on this shorter stiffer spring? I need some for my Integra.
            Look into the Eibach ERS springs. They come in several different spring rates and can be used with some coilover set-ups like Ground Control, Function&Form, D2's etc...

They're roughly $200 for a set. I'm buying stiffer rates for my F&F Type 2's.

Comment

take out the adjusters and bumpstops
              -Jorge-

Comment

Thanks for the help and info everyone! I think im going to do check out the stiffer / shorter springs next week when i get paid. As for now, i checked out the adjusters and taking those out will drop me about 3 more inches. With these wheels i just dont think that would work...haha

Thanks again!

-Chris
                Last edited by ImChris; 07-28-2010, 08:03 AM.
                Civic Si

Comment

If I recall correctly if you speak to ground control directly they can get you custom springs in any stiffness/height you want and should also be able to recommend a lower spring for you.

Comment

im on ground control sleeves with a missing spring and tophats

HoodRatStatus
                    Instagram @looneylow

Comment

Working...
                    X