tokico/gc setup help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tokico/gc setup help

got these for my e36...they dont seem to sit correctly. if you cant tell in the pic. the perch thingy just sits on top of the pentagon thingy. if i installed it how it is, they would just be sliding around and hitting the piston =/.....wtf gc these are supposed to be for illuminas....am i missing something? help! i move in a few weeks and i need these on my car!!!

the gc sleeve is supposed to slide further down onto the body of the strut.....i cant tell, but it looks like the diameter is not large enough to do so.
    Originally posted by Kielan
    I've had a lot more fun in my Dad's Prius than I care to admit.

BMW e23 build Thread

Comment

correct, it is not large enough to go further down. what i am realizing is that if i were to cut this pentagon shape thingy to be flush with the diameter of the rest of the shock then the sleeve will slide further down and fit snug. not entirely sure how safe that is or how i should go about doing that however...dremel?

Comment

i am not familiar with tokicos. do those struts use inserts? that blue piece may be a gland nut in order to hold the strut insert. does it look like this? if so, you definitely don't want to cut it. you might want to call gc an see what they say.
        Originally posted by Kielan
        I've had a lot more fun in my Dad's Prius than I care to admit.

BMW e23 build Thread

Comment

Last time I ordered GC only had options for strut inserts using the stock strut tube. (i.e. Koni, Bilstein, Sachs/Boge/Stock) If the tokicos you have are set up like stock inserts then you'll have to remove that nut to install them.

Comment

tokico tube would screw it up.

Comment

so that nut can be removed without harming the shocks? if so then i should be able to remove it....put the sleeves on, then reinstall the nut on top w/o cutting anything right?

Comment

update for those who care...i've decided to trim the strut

its sitting on the welds and whats left from the og spring perch that was hacksawed off

there was a slight gap between the coilover and strut tube so i used some black tape wrapped on the inside where the hex nut used to be and now it's snug as snug can get

pics of car when i roll my fenders. . . .

Comment

finally got a pic...

Comment

Working...
                  X