What do I need to makes these wheels work? lol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do I need to makes these wheels work? lol

I'm new to this site. I was recommended by a member of a different forum to look for the answers to my specific question/questions here. You guys may be more qualified to answer them. lol

I have an e36 M3 lowered on GC coilovers. It's not dumped, but been lowered. It's actually at the "recommended ride height" by GC. I just picked up my first set of wheels for this car...sizes 17x8" ET26 and 17x9.5" ET33. My question is, will 225/45/17 front and 245/40/17 rear fit with a roll of the rear fenders and roughly 2* camber? I don't think I really want to go any smaller than a 245 on a 9.5" wheel. I guess I need some opinions on what course of action I should take also...roll fenders first...buy tires and mount them first...etc...

Thanks in advance guys,
    Mike
    E12/E39M/E53

It might be a snug fit, but with enough massaging it should be ok I think.

Comment

Hmmmm...should and might scares me. LOL I was trying to avoid going down to a 235...
      E12/E39M/E53

Comment

So here's where I'm at...

If those purple lines are the tire's shoulders then it looks like I'm already going to be close to stock. Am I reading this correctly?
        E12/E39M/E53

Comment

I can't promise anything because I've never run those size and offset, but I'm a believer of the make it fit mentality.

Comment

Oh, dude, no doubt. I'm not looking for promises and guarantees...just someone who knows the rear fitment of these cars pretty well. It seems by that calculation I posted that I should be able to run 245's and just roll accordingly. I'm kind of just making sure that there will be enough clearance with a roll to fit them. I don't mind raising the rear height a little to accommodate that size either.
            E12/E39M/E53

Comment

My rears are 9.5 et 17 with quite a bit more room with my 215/40. My fenders are rolled but not pulled. I could probably run a 10mm spacer and still drive.

Comment

Originally posted by SeanDub View Post
                My rears are 9.5 et 17 with quite a bit more room with my 215/40. My fenders are rolled but not pulled. I could probably run a 10mm spacer and still drive.
                If you did use a 10mm spacer, that would in effect be the equivalent to a 225 tire, right? Then there's the difference of the offsets being 16mm (mine being 33 minus your 17)...which in turn would be 241mm worth of tire (225 equivalent + 16mm). I somehow need to come up with an extra 4mm (assuming I'm even remotely close with what I'm thinking). How low are you and how much camber are you running? I was thinking about 2* myself and I may even raise the rear a hair. Thoughts?
                E12/E39M/E53

Comment

I'm running very little camber and its pretty low.

I'm still pretty sure it can be done, just a matter of how much you wanna do to your fenders.

Comment

I'm running very little camber and its pretty low.

I'm still pretty sure it can be done, just a matter of how much you wanna do to your fenders.
                    So you're running 215's on a 9.5" in the rear? If those are 215's, then maybe 235's wouldn't be that bad. So how hard would it be to make 235's fit? Would I still need a roll if I was a hair higher than you?
                    E12/E39M/E53

Comment

Yea 215's out back, and I drive the shit out of it.

You're more than likely going to need a roll no matter what size you go with.

Comment

Yea 215's out back, and I drive the shit out of it.

You're more than likely going to need a roll no matter what size you go with.
                        I should probably start with 235's and go from there. If I have room for 245's then when I replace tires I'll bump up to the next size.
                        E12/E39M/E53

Comment

Working...
                        X