Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on this Setup?

This is for a DC4 Integra.

Ok so here is the deal. I don't have a ton of cash, and I know what you guys are going to say "save up so you can get better coilovers", thats not an option and won't be for a long while, so don't say it. (Not being a dick just getting out there).

So I want to get Koni Str.t struts and then Megan Racing Coilover sleeves. I know this isn't the most amazing options, but at this point it is really all that I can say I will trust for the price. I know there are eBay coilover sleeves for like $50, but really I don't think I could trust my life on coils that cheap. So that being said what are your views on this setup? Are there any other setups that I can get for sub $500? I have done a ton of research into this, but there may be some other setups that you guys know about that I haven't found for this price range.

Thanks,

Kielan
    - Kielan (Key-lin)

lolwut
    just go with the setup you were gunna get that will be fine breh
    Originally posted by TheNeek
    BP ain't got $#!T on StanceWorks!

Comment

for the price i use to have some full dropzone coilovers they run in the 300-400 price range and i sold them to my friend on his teg hes slamed and it rides really good on his car also and the shocks are still not blow and i bought them used also for the money they are really good coilover just make sure you get there coilovers and shocks together

Comment

i was running tokico blues and megan racing coilover sleeves on my da9 teg.

pro's
        -cheap price
        -easy install
        -can be adjusted
        -slams well

cons
        -so low i had zero travel, rode on my bumpstops and shocks were blown in no time
        -springs are totally unknown, no spring rates or loads anything like that. you buy it for the low and thats it
        -the spring perch in the rear got jammed so i couldn't adjust my drivers side rear height. no matter what i did, it was fucked.

overall idea
        -if you can afford the real deal, do it. but my bro with his da9 went h&r sport springs, and only dropped his car maybe an inch (supposed to be 2") so then we both picked up a set of these and it worked amazing. we got low, and had our fun. worth the price of admission.

(ps: what you could do is fabricate some extended tophats and increase your travel by an inch or two)

example of my setup. and i could still go a good chunk lower in the front and the rear.

Comment

I'd buy ebay sleeves if you're on a bugdet. I'd pair them with QA1s so you know what you have. I'm not sold on Koni str for slamming, but that's whatever. Konis $300 + QA1s $150 + Ebay sleeves $30.

This thread pretty much changed my view on ebay coilovers.

*Easily Impressed*

Comment

Originally posted by hawaiiteg View Post
            for the price i use to have some full dropzone coilovers they run in the 300-400 price range and i sold them to my friend on his teg hes slamed and it rides really good on his car also and the shocks are still not blow and i bought them used also for the money they are really good coilover just make sure you get there coilovers and shocks together
            I have done some more research into them and they really don't seem bad at all, and seem like they will last.

So what you're saying is that I should get the coilover sleeves and the struts.
            - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Working...
            X