Talk me out of this.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talk me out of this.

I'm so split on what I want to do its killing me.

This is what I have right now. It has 50k miles on it.

The plans for its future were:
    full STI engine and drivetrain swap.
    wider barrels for the volks
    stance coilovers

this would cost me around 15 grand in all.

OR

sell it for this. This has 75k miles on it.

The plans for this would be:
    18x9 some crazy offset flat black face high gloss black lips CCWs
    baller coilovers or maybe just air
    whole bunch of body and interior pieces
    some mild engine work

Kelly blue book values my car at $11,500. I can get the bimmer wagon for $7,960 more or less based on pullin' at the dealer and what not.
    This would mean that I could get the bimmer, and still have at LEAST $3,000 to spend on parts for the bimmer...mostly the CCWs hehe.

Notes: I snowboard over 60 days a season. But I live in socal, it is rare to be in a snowstorm, but it happens. I need to know that with a good set of all seasons, this car won't leave me stuck on the side of the road missing out on a fresh dumping of pow.

Also, I want a decent amount of power...possibly around 300. Is this at all possible with the bimmer?

My car is entirely paid off, so no payments would be needed, making it easy to sell.

I'm used to japanese cars...so knowledge about bimmers isn't that extensive.
    I'm 19 years old and just want a gangster daily driver that can get me to school and back.

Please, any help would be great.

I love all your guys style and honestly, it is entirely this sites fault that I have decided I want a bimmer.
    Last edited by Richard_Gud.; 08-13-2009, 03:54 PM.

I don't see the power you are looking for at all possible without quite a bit more money into the Bimmer. What model is it? 323? Yes the bimmer is more classy, but being it so that you snowboard 60 days each season, I would probably stick with the AWD suby. Just my opinion of course.

EDIT: Keep your motor and just upgrade to the STi tranny, driveshaft, and rear end. I know how much needs to be changed to make that happen, but you can make PLENTY of power with your motor. The tranny is the weak area.

Comment

its the 2002 325iT. Alright, I'll settle for 250 haha. I just want a decent pull that can get me where I wanna go.

As for the car I have now, I agree with the AWD, but thats it. My motor is actually VERY weak. Open deck, low compression, weak as hell internals. It would cost me over 10 grand just to get 250hp out of this motor.

Comment

Hahaha...riiiiight. My bad. Just realized your car is an Impreza, not a WRX. Get the bimmer.

Comment

I would have said keep the Subaru, but after seeing that it's not a WRX I'd go with the BMW.

But don't expect a race car
          -George
          flickr

Comment

Get teh touring.
            Originally posted by da3bous
            I want you to photoshop a giant penis down the side of my car

Comment

thats tough. cause just some ccw's, even if its only like that for a month haha, would not look good without a drop + more. and in the long run the bimmer i feel wouldnt be as much fun to drive after the sti swap...

id keep the subaru

Comment

Keep the subbie. I've seen tons of stanced BMWs, not so many Imprezas...or at least stanced correctly.

Besides, I think the Impreza/WRX/STI wagon looks far better than the BMW wagon...and this is coming from a guy who wants a BMW pretty badly.

Sweet baby Jesus...

Comment

get the E46 touring! Slam it, put some Brock B1's on it, M-tech bumpers, clear corners and tails and you're good to go I'd personally get a different color though...silver is my least favorite color for a car.

Comment

You always think another car will be cheaper to mod than what you have. Then you get it, and all of the little mods come to your mind that you hadn't thought of before. Modding is pretty much expensive no matter how you look at it.

I'd say keep the impreza, or maybe sell and get a WRX wagon.

Comment

Originally posted by 87e30 View Post
                      You always think another car will be cheaper to mod than what you have. Then you get it, and all of the little mods come to your mind that you hadn't thought of before. Modding is pretty much expensive no matter how you look at it.

I'd say keep the impreza, or maybe sell and get a WRX wagon.
                      well said

Comment

Okay guys, going to update a little bit real quick.

Things I dislike about the subaru:
                        Cheaply made interior. Everything just feels cheap.
                        Incredibly bumpy ride.
                        STI swap would be upwards of FIFTEEN grand...thats alot of money.

Things I like:
                        Exterior. I love her, she always looks so good and gets alot of looks.
                        As said, a stanced wagon is not seen very often.
                        It can look good, with alot of power.

Now for the bimmer.

Things I dislike:
                        Maintance more expensive.
                        Still an automatic, shame I can't find a manual.
                        Not very fast.

Things I like:
                        Looks much more classy.
                        Interior contains heated leather seats and a much better feel.
                        Ride a lot smoother.

decisions...decisions. I honestly just want a more luxorious car, I'm trying to grow up a little. Subaru feels too much like a toy.
                        On another note, I found a better bimmer. What do you guys think of this one?

Used 2003 BMW 325iT Sport Package $13,325 75k miles on it. Automatic.

Last edited by Richard_Gud.; 08-21-2009, 09:49 PM.

Comment

I vote touring. Take a look: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...hlight=touring

Comment

fck it take the beemer
                            u don't need all that problems with engine swaping and stuff
                            and ur right the beemer feels more expensive although e46 is one on my never to.. list
                            cuz it's quite expensive to run this car once it has started breaking

for example a friend of mine owns a E46 330D on automatic with M-pack
                            he spent over a 10k in one year ! that includes change of the gearbox and almost full suspension (because both failed so..)

anyways good luck with whatever u decide to go

Comment

Just keep the Wagon and mod the EJ. You don't need the STI motor to make power. My former friend (long story) used to have a nuts '07 WRX. Just do a turbo/fuel system upgrade, get the new barrels for the wheels and the Stance coilovers, and you'll have a whole new beast.

And 50k isn't anything.....my '07 has 67k on it and i'm still driving it :P
                              MB Obsidian Black Metallic Crossfire SRT-6
                              Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

Working...
                              X