Building my Racelands?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building my Racelands?

I hear these coilovers can be disassembled, basically you would use a 50mm (i think) shock and any standard spring, load them into the body, and go from junky to juicy coilovers.

This is for an NB Miata

What springs would I get?
    How big of a shock body would I need?
    Where do I get the tool to disassemble them? Looks like I need some kind of key to open up the body and pull the shock?

Anyone done it before? I'd like to use Koni adjustables for this but I'd need for the adjustment knob to be on the top of the shock, not the side.

Any help appreciated!

You could do that... but the they still will not be valued properly for the springs so i would not consider them juicy
    "This community is made up of people who strive to push the boundaries of the conceivable"

Comment

Originally posted by Eric M View Post
      You could do that... but the they still will not be valued properly for the springs so i would not consider them juicy
      What do you mean they won't be valued right? If you mean valved, that's why I plan on swapping shock bodies for better ones (majority of my question).

Comment

you need a gland nut removal tool. they are pretty pricey for what it is, but if you are innovative and have access to a welder, you probably can make your own. after removing the insert, you need to measure the length and inside diameter of the body to find an appropriate koni insert. it been done with koni SAs in the e36 world. i was going to do that with some ground control inserts valved for high spring rates, but i ditched the idea and went a different route all together.
        Originally posted by Kielan
        I've had a lot more fun in my Dad's Prius than I care to admit.

BMW e23 build Thread

Comment

Working...
        X