Ebay spacers ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay spacers ?

I got the final set of spacers i wanted today and first thing i noticed was how short the studs are. They are 38mm for 5x114.3. Anyone else run these cheapies with short studs?

It had me concerned so I havnt run them yet. I counted how many rotations of turning the bolt on and its about 12-13. Put them on with the open end bolts to show where the lug would sit when tightened. What do ya think? Im a little sketch on running these

Last edited by s14shred; 06-19-2010, 12:05 AM.

looks exactly like the ones i have run for a bit. Ideal? no. Will it work? probably.

Flickr

Comment

too sketchy for me bro....

Comment

so it's 50/50 as of now.. the thing is, i have to bore them slightly to fit my hubs. These have the hub sizing for an nsx. I dont think boring the middle should be a big deal cos i know someone who can do it. But not sure if id rather return these ones and spend the money on legit spacers. I wish I would have checked the forum before I ordered and seen the thread posted about custom spacers.

Comment

12-13 rotations? thats good.

Idealy you're supposed to have atleast 8 or 9 full rotations. or so ive heard.

I run 6 or 7, daily driven.

"Pavement Eater"
          WFC #1913
          sigpic
          Stanceworks Feature
          http://www.stanceworks.com/?p=8665

Comment

I figured that wasnt too bad but it looked shady compared to my 20mm's that have much longer studs. Btw your car is dope shyt man

Comment

my rears have about 7 turns, no problems

ig: @jonnie86

Comment

I'm not a big fan of wheels falling off. OP, your 12 or 13 I would probably run, but to the people running less than 10.... sketchtastic.

Comment

According to SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers) they "recommend" a MINIMUM thread engagement equal to the length of the diameter of the stud. For example, a stud with 12x1.5 thread pitch would mean a stud diameter of 12mm and a thread pitch of 1.5mm. Thus you will need a minimum thread engagement of 12mm, or 8 full turns (i.e. 12mm divided by 1.5mm thread pitch = 8 turns).

I would say a minimum of eight (8) full turns would be good enough.... well, according to SAE, it is ...

Just my $0.02....
                  "I know I'm not Stance|Works material. I'm just a fan. " - Stretchd8

"Jesus must love me " - FittedDownLow

Comment

Working...
                  X