polishing wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• polishing wheels

Ok so i just bought 745i wheels for my g35 sedan, they are kinda beat with rash so i figured id just go ahead and polish them up. So i put paint stripper on, and that took off like 1 coat but theres still alot of paint on em. Should i keep hitting it with paint stripper till it gets down to the metal to where i can actually start polishing?

cant polish till there is no more paint and down to the bare metal.
    -Jorge-

Comment

so keep hitting it with paint stripper?

Comment

Originally posted by gtrefever View Post
        so keep hitting it with paint stripper?
        try aircraft paint remover. it will get it right down to the bare metal. the start the sanding process. its a long tedious job, but the end result is amazing.

Comment

i tried looking for that at home depot but couldnt find it!

Comment

The paint stripper in the purple can usually sold at Home Depot or Lowes works just as good as aircraft stripper. I used some just yesterday on my wheels.
            DeadBuilt

Comment

this is the one i used that only took off a layer

Comment

Yeah I've used that a lot for things like spray paint and such. However I got the purple can, which is about $1.50 more and a lot stronger. Same brand and such.
                DeadBuilt

Comment

you just need a stripper thats safe on aluminum. Keep hitting it, and once you get down to primer its gonna get a bit harder. Once its down to bare metal start sanding.

ig: @jonnie86

Comment

TAL-Stripper. Get the gel not the spray.

Comment

**** to thread jack, but I have a clear coat on my wheels and I would like to polish my lips also. Would I just use the paint stripper on the lips and then go from there? Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluefire View Post
                        **** to thread jack, but I have a clear coat on my wheels and I would like to polish my lips also. Would I just use the paint stripper on the lips and then go from there? Thanks in advance.
                        aircraft paint remover fast and simple.

Comment

so i bought more of the stuff i used before but in the gel form, and it aint working for sh!t. haha it says good for metal,wood, and such but its not even taking off the primer. guess ill have to try that aircraft stripper. ANNOYED

Comment

Did they not have the purple can?
                            DeadBuilt

Comment

no, ah well ima just go to autozone and buy air craft stripper. if that doesnt work then omg iono what to do. anyone in san diego wanna help me with this.

Comment

Working...
                              X