E28 coils

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E28 coils

Hi, I've just bought an E28 and I'm in dire need of some proper loooow suspension since it's completely stock.
    I've heard GroundControl make some, but have not been able to find a GC kit for both the front and rear yet.
    Any tips? It doesn't have to be coilovers as long as it makes the car loooow.
    |Proper stance and stretch = An acquired taste|

Have a hacksaw/dremel/grinder?

Comment

Originally posted by B Rod View Post
      Have a hacksaw/dremel/grinder?
      Haha... Yeah, the plan right now is hard konis, and some 45/35mm spring + blck&decker grinder. Burroughs and Daredrocket must have made some custom coils, cos I can't find a descent kit anywhere.... But I want mine almost as low as theirs, maybe 5-10mm higher front and rear then daredrocket...

Comment

Ask Mike or Austin.

I believe it is a modified e34 system or something similar from Ground Control. IIRC It was 2400 or 2800 or something like that. Mike would know better.

Comment

Originally posted by dinanm3atl View Post
          Ask Mike or Austin.

I believe it is a modified e34 system or something similar from Ground Control. IIRC It was 2400 or 2800 or something like that. Mike would know better.
          Thanks. I saw them both in the intro thread. So I'll PM them both to be on the safe side.

Comment

Halston is right, but it'l only run you $1500ish including the shortened Konis.

Comment

I thought the e34 rear springs would be too tall on an e28?

Comment

Oh, I thought you said they were more.

Comment

You can get everything including the Billet rear shock mounts for about $1700 new including shipping in the USA. You're going to want to shorten your own strut housings since I think shipping on those could be a deal-killer for you. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by wkohler View Post
                    You can get everything including the Billet rear shock mounts for about $1700 new including shipping in the USA. You're going to want to shorten your own strut housings since I think shipping on those could be a deal-killer for you. Good luck!
                    Thanks. I got a shopping list sent to me by Mike, so I think I'm on the right track now. But any input is good input so thank you.

Comment

Cool. I think the hardest part is choosing the spring rates.

Comment

i know austin is running 650 front 750 rear. unshortened struts iirc. ordering my gc's early next week.

Comment

I've got 440lb/in front and 400 lb/in rear.

Comment

Speaking of Austin what is thestory with him. ever since that thread about his car being on the side of the road he's has been mia. No intentions of thread jacking

Comment

Originally posted by Burn535i View Post
                              Speaking of Austin what is thestory with him. ever since that thread about his car being on the side of the road he's has been mia. No intentions of thread jacking

talked to him on tuesday he had surgery on his shoulder yesterday. hopefully hes coming down this weekend or next to help with my car.

Comment

Working...
                              X