This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e-level calibration problem

Okay so i've got all of my sensors connected up and before calibration there are no red lights on.

Once calibration starts i have the three lights simultaneously on with a 2 second pause indicating a travel issue, then the rear right would go red.

The amount of travel i have all the way round is more or less the same and there's around 2-2.5" of travel.

I swapped the rear two sensor wires over and the problem was identical.

Then i swapped the rear sensors around, now the pad throws the sensor travel issue again but no red lights come on afterwards to indicate which corner.

If anyone can shed some light on this that would be great, don't want to fork out on a new sensor if i don't need it, if it is a sensor issue can it be opened and repaired? New ones in the u.k are twice the price to the u.s.
    Last edited by LowVeeDubb; 11-30-2014, 11:44 AM.

What do you mean when you say you swapped the two sensor wires over? That you switched the cables for corners 3 and 4? If that's the case, that will confuse the e-Level computer, since the valves and sensors are cross-wired.

The first step I'd take is to make absolutely sure each corner is wired and plumbed to where it's supposed to go, then do a full recalibration.

Which sensor style do you have? There is an older style and a newer one, and you can tell the difference by whether the arm is metal with a ball stud on it or whether it's plastic with a series of holes.

Comment

Yeah that's what i mean, switched 3 and 4 over just for testing purposes i have switched them back now.

Ok i will double check everything, although there were no errors being thrown pre-calibration.

They are the old style sensors.

Comment

I don't think you'll see error conditions pre-calibration. At least, my rocker switch system didn't throw any before I calibrated the system, and god knows there were plenty of errors with my install.

If you have the old style sensors, you may very well have a bad sensor. The old ones are prone to damage if they are over-rotated.

Comment

Okay that's fair enough i'll get everything double checked and fingers crossed it isn't the sensor

Comment

You might consider giving AccuAir a call tomorrow if the time zones work out - they might be able to walk you through putting a meter on your suspected sensor to confirm whether it's given up the ghost. They certainly were very helpful when I had a pressure sensor freeze on me.

Comment

i'm fairly certain it's wired incorrectly, previous owner has cut the wires for the sensors and some of the electrical pins are in different locations.

I now need pinout diagrams for the sensor plug and its corresponding wire going into the ECU plug.

Comment

all sorted, it was a wiring issue

Comment

Working...
                X