W210 E-class air ride questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• W210 E-class air ride questions

Hows it going guys, just wondering if anyone has seen or owns a w210 on bags. I might be switching back to my 2002 benz E55 for my daily and was thinking about setting up an air ride for it. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
    -Raffi

Doesn't it come on airsprings stock? At least the w211 comes.
    sigpic

BMW M5 V8 1993
    Slowtoys CC

Comment

Unfortunately it wasn't an option on the w210's. Seems like it would be pretty straight forward since the suspensions consists of separate springs and shocks.

Comment

I'd assume the w211 bits would fit.
        sigpic

BMW M5 V8 1993
        Slowtoys CC

Comment

Originally posted by raffi91 View Post
          Unfortunately it wasn't an option on the w210's. Seems like it would be pretty straight forward since the suspensions consists of separate springs and shocks.
          makes it really easy, if you send me some pics of the suspension setup i can build you a system and give u some pricing

Comment

The w211's have a completely different suspension layout. Also airmatic parts are very expensive.
            mpv, thanks for the offer I'll try to get you some pics.

Comment

I'm planning on doing the same to my W124. I wonder how similar the suspensions are setup? W124 has separate springs and shocks as well.

I'm big air ride noob, but I got most of the air management figured out and have idea what to buy. However, can't find any information on air bag sizing and how are they supposed to be mounted.

Comment

After looking at some diagrams the w124 suspension looks very similar to the w210. The only experience I have had with air ride was when I replaced the factory bags on my 1971 300sel, other then that im also a noob to these set ups. I have a general idea how everything works, but I'm still lost when it comes to mounting a bag and what size to run.

Comment

Originally posted by r0nd3L View Post
                  I'm planning on doing the same to my W124. I wonder how similar the suspensions are setup? W124 has separate springs and shocks as well.

I'm big air ride noob, but I got most of the air management figured out and have idea what to buy. However, can't find any information on air bag sizing and how are they supposed to be mounted.
                  Originally posted by raffi91 View Post
                  After looking at some diagrams the w124 suspension looks very similar to the w210. The only experience I have had with air ride was when I replaced the factory bags on my 1971 300sel, other then that im also a noob to these set ups. I have a general idea how everything works, but I'm still lost when it comes to mounting a bag and what size to run.
                  both of you feel free to hit me up oemplush@gmail.com Ive been building air ride kits now for about 4 years....not super complicated........but I can walk you through the basics and not so basics as well as give you an idea of what components will work and what wont for your specific applications

Comment

Well, I took off the spring today and did some measurements of the spring height needed for slammed (bumpstops engaged) as well as desired driving ride height. I think Slam Specialties RE5 would work if it was set to 5.5" driving height in addition to the brackets taking up 3.5". It's hard to explain, so here's a little diagram I drew up. As you can tell, 9" is the desired riding height, so 9-5.5=3.5" worth of spacers/brackets. The only concern is air bag hitting the side of the frame since it's pretty close.

Am I somewhat on the right track with this?

Comment

Well, I took off the spring today and did some measurements of the spring height needed for slammed (bumpstops engaged) as well as desired driving ride height. I think Slam Specialties RE5 would work if it was set to 5.5" driving height in addition to the brackets taking up 3.5". It's hard to explain, so here's a little diagram I drew up. As you can tell, 9" is the desired riding height, so 9-5.5=3.5" worth of spacers/brackets. The only concern is air bag hitting the side of the frame since it's pretty close.

Am I somewhat on the right track with this?

wow you have a ton of clearance in there re5's would work perfect and you might even be able to use the airhouse 2's which are a little bit cheaper. Cup brackets would work perfect and then just using a large washer to bolt it through the bottom so it stays in place and you are all set. Let me know if you want me to get you pricing I get you anything you need

Comment

The frame is pretty close right under the upper spring cup, so that's why I thought RE5 would work pretty well.

Are there pre-made cup brackets close that size? Need approximately 3.5" tall and 4.47" diameter.

Comment

The frame is pretty close right under the upper spring cup, so that's why I thought RE5 would work pretty well.

Are there pre-made cup brackets close that size? Need approximately 3.5" tall and 4.47" diameter.
                          yeah thats why i use re5's on the mk4 vw they are the best fit for the rear, i would most likely make them using steel piping/ weld plate on the bottom and notch them for the air line the bottom you might not need a bracket just need to bolt it in to place so it doesnt move around the top you would deff want a cup i was thinking maybe like a 3" height wise, my reasoning is you dont want to limit the amount of drop you will get by using too large of bracket

Comment

We've done a number of benz suspensions, give me a shout and we can get you setup. It'll be CNC machined stuff, not pipe welded bag brackets.

RE-5's are great on the rear of a MkIV but a Conti-Tech rolling sleeve is far superior to any double bellow rear bag setup.
                            I used to be famous.

somewhere between I want it and I got it.

Comment

Originally posted by andrew@openroad View Post
                              We've done a number of benz suspensions, give me a shout and we can get you setup. It'll be CNC machined stuff, not pipe welded bag brackets.

RE-5's are great on the rear of a MkIV but a Conti-Tech rolling sleeve is far superior to any double bellow rear bag setup.
                              imo steel is much stronger than aluminum and sleeve bags are good but dont compress nearly as much as the re5's or airhouse 2's which is why ive never had any desire to use those bags

Comment

Working...
                              X