Low coils for an S13?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low coils for an S13?

It seems like S13 guys have no problems going low, and while I don't want to sacrifice too much performance I want to put the hatch on its nuts. I tried searching but saw nothing, soooo are there any coils that are known for going balls low? Or I guess if most are, what aren't? I'm talking some serious steeeeez like this:

powered by max. although i have no personal experience with them i did a lot of research on which coilovers get really low and they do, and they also are built to be slammed so you can ride as low as possible and still have them perform well. all of their suspension pieces are made for cars to be slammed. i'm gonna get them for my fd when i have the cash.

Comment

Yea for going super super low I would look int PBM stuff and they also make arms and rods for super low car and an awesom angle kit, Dan over there is an awesome dude.

Honestly now days you can go pretty low with a good stance with alot of coilovers but some are better than others. Look into Stance (www.stancesus.com). I carry those and K-Sports which for the buck are not bad at all and pretty much go as low as you need them to go.

I liked my old KTS set-up too that can be found with splparts.com
      Drift Indy l Midwest Drift Union l Enthusiast Apparel

Comment

PBM is definitely the best bang for the buck, but other worthwhile (proven to go very low) inexpensive options are Stance, HSD, BC, and KTS.

Comment

ISIS Coilovers go pretty damn low. Here's a link to them. $680 isn't too bad and decent spring rates.

Demonstration of low

Also Megan street coilovers go pretty low...(not my car) on 17s

I've got Megan Tack Series on mine and they don't go as low as the street ones, I've got some collars to take out, But I love the 12K/10K spring rates.
          Last edited by RedE46Bimmer; 05-18-2010, 03:14 PM.
          -Brandon-

Comment

Powered by max for the win seriously.
            Let me put i this way:

If your wanting to daily your s13, get powered by max coilovers with their street springs they dont cost any extra you just have to ask.
            Powered by max have great warranties and if your warranty is up they have every replacement part for your coilovers/parts. Unlike the huge names like jic and cusco. Trust me ive been there before.

Ive had my powered by max arms/coils for about a year or so now and i beat the SH!!!t out of them almost every weekend at the track still 100% intact and still look brand new.

I had megan coilovers before but they where always coming loose/making noises and making my car ride like doodoo.