my e28 build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my e28 build

well i brounght my e28 528e in january as a daily driver. i was just going to leave it stock to build up my e36 but we all know how that goes. i went and checked it out. the whole car was pretty dirty. there was a film of this oily crap on all the windows so you could barely see out of them. the roof was oxidized and there is an area on the drives side rear quarter panel that the paint is coming off. besides these little problems the tires were brand new tires new brake pads the interior leather was clean as hell and the odo stated 141,000.

this is what it looked like once i got it. the p/o took these pics.

i drove around as it sat for a few weeks until i could afford the wheels and tires i wanted for it then started hanging out with sean.

the monday before MFEST in vegas me and sean decided to go and figured we would lower my car before then. i swear to god everynight that week we pulled my suspension off and put it back on cutting coils and seeing if got me low enough. we finally got to a spot where i felt i was happy with it. put the wheels back on and smashed my huge ass diving boards in.

it looks 1292489723984 times better.

well my birthday was on moday and i got some $ so i started ordering some parts some strut bars new shocks and this... just to get the front end a little lower. 6 inch springs all around 600lbs front 700lbs rear.

they are going on this weekend along with hopefully some new wheels and a ton of spray paint to change things up some more.

there is a pretty sweet motor swap i have lined up which i didnt thing was going to happen but its back on again and im stoked. m50b25

thats all for now there will be more pics as soon as mike gets here and things are changed up again.

c&c welcome as always.

Very nice. Where'd the lense go in the last 2 pics?
    MB Obsidian Black Metallic Crossfire SRT-6
    Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

Originally posted by OSSHWA View Post
      Very nice. Where'd the lense go in the last 2 pics?
      just decided to take it out. i get so many comments on that its not even funny.

Comment

nice.

I'd love to pick up an E28 as a daily. The only problem with that is that I know myself, and it would end up being another thing to dump money into. Maybe if I just promised myself suspension, brakes, and wheels and tires.
        I like to modify things.
        flickr
        Inyo Photo
        -Chad

Comment

Originally posted by hover View Post
          nice.

I'd love to pick up an E28 as a daily. The only problem with that is that I know myself, and it would end up being another thing to dump money into. Maybe if I just promised myself suspension, brakes, and wheels and tires.
          hahaha ya it kinda sucks.

altho you can do these cars for pretty damn cheap but to get wheels flush is dumb ause u need either a huge wheel or a huge spacer. u should do it tho

Comment

Man, we've had some fun!

Comment

I want one.
              Originally posted by da3bous
              I want you to photoshop a giant penis down the side of my car

Comment

I can't wait to get out there and help. If it gets finished before I get out there, don't post any pics. We'll do a proper shoot.

Comment

Originally posted by SeanDub View Post
                  Man, we've had some fun!
                  oh yes we have. u comin up this weekend?

Originally posted by aschroeder92 View Post
                  I want one.
                  do it. best cars ever. so comfortable!

Originally posted by M.Burroughs View Post
                  I can't wait to get out there and help. If it gets finished before I get out there, don't post any pics. We'll do a proper shoot.
                  you got it. when you planning to get here? it will most likely take all weekend. but i would love to have it finished by saturday night. we will see tho.

Comment

If I do it will only be Sunday

Comment

That is awesome. Looking forward to a nice shoot with the gc's on

Comment

Bastard(regarding GCs)! This is going to be so sick. We need to do a shoot when I've got my RDs on. The plasti-dip'd TRXs(with cracked sidewall balloon tires) just aren't cutting it. Are you going to cut and weld the spring perch lower? OH, and if Sean comes Sunday, if it's cool I'll probably roll with.

Comment

love the wheels, cool lookin e28!
                          2011 Outback 2.5i 6MT #subarubaru - daily/off-pavement adventure vehicle
                          2001 BMW 325i Wagon 6MT #daswagoon - wife's #becauseracewagon
                          1996 Suburban 2500 TD #superbbourbon - tow bitch/people hauler

Comment

Nice ride
                            Swinford-Hypnotyzd : Dirty South-Swinny

| Hypnotyzd FB |Tischer BMW|

Comment

Originally posted by SeanDub View Post
                              If I do it will only be Sunday
                              no parts. next weekend. ill be in sj sunday for ya.

Originally posted by Burn535i View Post
                              That is awesome. Looking forward to a nice shoot with the gc's on
                              thanks! new wheels are being powdercoated monday gc's goin on next weekend maybe some spacers as well, and then we are good to go. and mikes in town so yes there will be a shoot.

Originally posted by B Rod View Post
                              Bastard(regarding GCs)! This is going to be so sick. We need to do a shoot when I've got my RDs on. The plasti-dip'd TRXs(with cracked sidewall balloon tires) just aren't cutting it. Are you going to cut and weld the spring perch lower? OH, and if Sean comes Sunday, if it's cool I'll probably roll with.
                              i remember sean tellin me u guys were cuttin ur springs. if u didnt u can have mine when i pull em off. parts got all screwed up ordering everything monday or tuesday of this coming week. but i will be down in sj maybe tonight and fer sure sunday. ill meet up with you guys then. then head up next weekend and ill be doing everything. and yes i will be shortening the strut to fit the shortened konis.

Originally posted by frink84 View Post
                              love the wheels, cool lookin e28!
                              Originally posted by SWINFORD View Post
                              Nice ride
                              thanks guys!

Comment

Working...
                              X