Sims?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sims?

I hope im not opening a can of worms but....

but does anyone have an opinions or any experience using OBD2 simulators. aka this?

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I have a 1996 J30 with a lame N/A VG30DE. I really want to swap in a VH45DE or a RB25DET in its place. The only obstacle i have is that my car has OBD2 diagnostics and i live in Des Plaines/Chicago ILLINOIS which we do emissions/smog for cars 1996 and newer.

The engines i want to swap in are OBD-1/pre-1995 or from Japan which have no emissions parts (egr, etc...) By using this simulator in its place, it reads that the emission controlled parts of the engine are functioning correctly even when its completely omitted.

So does anyone have any experiences with this simulator?

I had a emissions check done on my 1999 E320 and they pretty much hooked up the scanner to look for codes, turned off the engine, start, and check again. No poppping the hood and no tailpipe sniffer.

I'm not familiar with these cars or engines, but if you do a swap like this,
    you have to do custom work anyway, so why not go with a standalone ecu

You can get inputs from the O2 sensors, cam and crank position, air flow, air temp
    everyting you need to get it pass the emissions, may even get better mpg, and more power.

Comment

thank you for the response.

im going to do my research now. on the different types of engine management.

Comment

Working...
      X