How can I get my front lower?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I get my front lower?

I'm on Tein SS coil overs. I'm all the way down in the front and am still about 2.75 inches off the ground. Is the only way to go lower buying shorter springs? Im trying to at least get into the 2" or lower club.

I want it lower... I wish I had bought coil overs with a helper spring lol

Take off the adjuster and buy camber plates if you havent already.

Comment

if the bottom of the shock/ coil is maxxed out, look at the top. You might be able to shorten or raise the the top mount.
      “The first race was conceived when the second car was built.”

+ Josh @ BlownEuros

Comment

Originally posted by SeanDub View Post
        Take off the adjuster and buy camber plates if you havent already.
        Is it safe to ride on just one of the collars? If I take both off there is nothing for the spring to sit on.

Camber plates are on the to do list.

Originally posted by J.Owen View Post
        if the bottom of the shock/ coil is maxxed out, look at the top. You might be able to shorten or raise the the top mount.
        I'll have to check into that.

Comment

Can someone explain to me how the camber plates make the car lower? (If they do)...assuming we're talking E36 M3 here...

My friend (Formula E) needs to be lower too

2004 350Z Twin Turbo

Comment

^ +1.

Looks like he's running the same setup as me but im lower then 2.75... I still need to take off the bottom collar at some point

Comment

Originally posted by 1985zcar View Post
              Can someone explain to me how the camber plates make the car lower? (If they do)...assuming we're talking E36 M3 here...

My friend (Formula E) needs to be lower too
              Correct me if i'm wrong, but I thought camber plates didn't actually make the car lower, but having negative camber helps clear the wheel/tire into the fender and not rub?
              Originally posted by da3bous
              I want you to photoshop a giant penis down the side of my car

Comment

Yeah I understand that concept fine...lol

it just seems like whenever people talk of going lower, conversation of camber plates come up...makes it seem as though they may create a height difference or something? *shrug*

2004 350Z Twin Turbo

Comment

Originally posted by 1985zcar View Post
                  Yeah I understand that concept fine...lol

it just seems like whenever people talk of going lower, conversation of camber plates come up...makes it seem as though they may create a height difference or something? *shrug*
                  True. I dunno I have no exerience with these things
                  Originally posted by da3bous
                  I want you to photoshop a giant penis down the side of my car

Comment

I was reading or GC or Vorshalg's website and the said they don't lower or raise the car at all, it is the same height as the factory top hat.

Comment

Originally posted by wrathchild819 View Post
                      Is the only way to go lower buying shorter springs?
                      Sorry, but it is. You can keep ghettoslamming your coilovers by throwing parts of them away, but in the end your springs aren't stiff enough to keep your car driveable at that low of a ride height. If you're at the lowest setting on your coils and want to go lower you need stiffer, shorter springs.

Normal people use camber plates to adjust camber to make for better handling, but they're also used to bring the upper edge of the tire inward, allowing you to go lower without rubbing, and ball harder.
                      Last edited by mojocoggo; 07-25-2009, 06:06 PM.
                      Dylan Leff - www.originalplate.com

Comment

Damn. I was hoping it wasnt going to involve more money.

I should have know better.

Comment

I know for E30's the stock camber plate is very thick, but after market camber plates (i.e., GC and Vorschlag) have a smaller stack height, which lower the car the difference between the stock camber plate and the new one.

Comment

^ what he said.

e30 and e36 front strut mounts are very thick. High quality camber plates like GC and Vorschlag are much shorter overall, allowing the upper spring perch to move upwards and lower the car. They also provide more shock travel at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by mojocoggo View Post
                              Sorry, but it is. You can keep ghettoslamming your coilovers by throwing parts of them away, but in the end your springs aren't stiff enough to keep your car driveable at that low of a ride height. If you're at the lowest setting on your coils and want to go lower you need stiffer, shorter springs.

Normal people use camber plates to adjust camber to make for better handling, but they're also used to bring the upper edge of the tire inward, allowing you to go lower without rubbing, and ball harder.
                              Agreed.

Stiffer and shorter spring is what you will need to do this properly.

Comment

Working...
                              X