In need of some valve cover ideas.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In need of some valve cover ideas.

So below is a picture of my engine in my Focus. I have a lot of chrome/polished items. Personally I like how it looks, but my valve cover is stock and looks out of place to me since it is dead center and plain black. I have had 2 different chrome/polished valve covers, but one is extremely hard to find now and the other doesn't seal good (leaks oil). So I was wondering what you guys would suggest doing. Any unique ideas that you guys think would look good? My car has a lot of European parts on it and it's a dark grey color on the exterior.

Some random ideas I have thrown around:
    - Paint it body color (grey)??
    - Paint a PLAID design??
    - sticker bomb??
    - Houndstooth design??
    - attempt to leather wrap it??

Last edited by 98LowRanger; 04-07-2010, 08:45 PM.

Body color

Comment

you're right, the valve cover is out of place with everything else being chrome. I would paint it the body color.
      '95 Black 5spd SC300 // 19" Work Eurolines // Coils // JDM Window Visors // JDM Front Lip // and a few fender dents

Comment

Thanks for the honest input guys. Body color was my top choice. I like to leather wrapped itmes in engine bays, but I think on my car it would look out of place because I have NO leather in my interior and don't plan to add any. I am still contemplating on having it painted plaid though. A black, grey, white stripe design would look good. Decisions.

Comment

body color would tie everything in very well.
          1988 Toyota MR2 Supercharged
          Stance:Nation Feature | Build Thread

Comment

leather wrap it!

Comment

Thanks again for the replies guys. Even though I was leaning towards just painting it body color, I made this thread to see if you guys had any unique ideas. I wanted to do something different that would get some attention. At the same time I'm not sure something eye catching like sticker bombing it (for example) would work on my car because it is fairly clean with no mods that really stand out (ie. rusted body panels, stickers, bright wheels, etc.). It seems kind of unoriginal to just paint it body color, but I think it would look good. It would be a pretty tough part to leather wrap, but I'm sure it could be done. As I already mentioned it would be the only leather on my car and may look out of place.

No comments on my grey, black, white plaid design idea? I think that would bring just enough attention to it without "trying too hard". Keep the input coming guys....I appreciate it!
              Last edited by 98LowRanger; 04-08-2010, 08:29 PM.

Comment

sticker bomb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                Originally posted by M.Burroughs
                I'd have to say this site was founded on building the cars we wanted to build, despite if the rest of the car community liked it or not. This site was founded on freedom of automotive self expression and the passion that goes in to each and every build... This site is about doing what you like, whatever makes you happy, and not caring about what other people think...

Comment

Originally posted by Tropicana View Post
                  leather wrap it!
                  possible fire hazard???

you should paint a plaid design then toss a few canibeat stickers on it

http://rivalhousegarage.com/

rivalhousegarage@gmail.com

Comment

Do it up body color and keep your leather fetish in the bedroom!

Comment

Originally posted by Sik1Kraze View Post
                      Do it up body color and keep your leather fetish in the bedroom!
                      Yea it's down to body color with maybe a touch more flake or doing the plaid design off this scheme more or less:

Comment

I think I decided to just paint it body color. Might add a little extra flake to it to make it pop even more. Thanks for the feedback guys!

Comment

I like the Plaid idea....you could always paint the body to match the valve cover if you like it.

Gordo.

Comment

White, then use spray adhesive to add lace to valve cover. then spray body color.

Comment

sticker bomb

Comment

Working...
                              X