budget "stanced" set-up on e36?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• budget "stanced" set-up on e36?

so i recently aquirred a 95' 325is and was hoping to get some insight as to what are some available suspension/coilover options for it. u buddy of mine is runnin a set of DDM coilovers on his 97 M but im lookin for somethin a lil less expensive just because im breakin the bank with my wheel and tire set-up

just need somethin to hold me over for 3-4 months any ideas?

ive thought about buyin some cheap slip-on coilovers for the time being but i would **** to be stuck with a harsh ride.

and i also came across these....

not bad for $330 shipped and although theyre a tad otta the range its def somethin i might look into..

opinions?? any and all will be appreciated

BalleurBuilt•DSDone
    form>function
    "i mean we cant even rock dem shoes if it dont got a comma on the price tag..."

That's $330 for a set of sketchy, no-name, ebay coilovers. If it blows, you'll be out $330. Save that money and put it towards a set of really nice coilovers.

If you're looking to go cheap to hold yourself over for a few months, why not cut your springs? It's free, and your shocks will be blown too just in time for your new coilovers, so you can throw out both your useless springs and shocks at the same time.

Comment

this^^. gotta pay to play.

Comment

Ha, coming from a guy who bought the 'sketchy' DDM coilovers for $550 shipped. :P

Actually, I found this huge thread on vortex about the racelands and everyone seems to like them. http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=4390805

Do what you will. They're very basic (i.e not fully threaded, fixed damping) and there's no telling what the spring rates are or how much they'll drop your car (I'd call in and ask, but they may or may not know... ), but the price seems right for what it is. Plus, if they don't break while you have them I'm sure you could easily sell them off again and not lose a whole lot of cash.

Up to you. I can't really think of any cheaper options though... either this or cut your springs.

Comment

me?

Comment

Referring to myself. Sorry, haha.

Comment

lulz well trust me if theres anyone that pays to play it would be me, thanks for your input guys as stated i just need somethin to hold me over while i finish other projects and since ill be picking up my wheels fairly soon id **** to see them just sit there while i save up the loot to get a set of nice coilovers, hell id really be tempted to throw em on the car at stock height lol

and suprisingly ive had a lot of ppl tell me to just cut the springs for the time being and i prob wouldnt mind since it'll only be temp. but will the ride be horrible? anyone have any experience with this?

BalleurBuilt•DSDone
              form>function

Comment

Originally posted by balleur View Post
                so i recently aquirred a 95' 325is and was hoping to get some insight as to what are some available suspension/coilover options for it. u buddy of mine is runnin a set of DDM coilovers on his 97 M but im lookin for somethin a lil less expensive just because im breakin the bank with my wheel and tire set-up

just need somethin to hold me over for 3-4 months any ideas?

ive thought about buyin some cheap slip-on coilovers for the time being but i would **** to be stuck with a harsh ride.

and i also came across these....

not bad for $330 shipped and although theyre a tad otta the range its def somethin i might look into..

opinions?? any and all will be appreciated
                There is a pretty extensive thread on bf.c and two or three people tried them out just for fun. One used their housings to put different shocks into.

Calling in and to this point I don't believe they have spring rates that they can give out.

I would skip the wheels and suspension completely. No offense but it sounds like you are trying to spend a large sum of money on wheels/tires leaving a couple hundred dollars on a random suspension kit you found on ebay so you can slam your car.

Wait 3-4 months to mount the wheels and drive it stock. That is my recommendation. If you max out everything your budget can handle what are you going to do if the radiator next breaks? Or you need brakes?

Comment

Originally posted by dinanm3atl View Post
                  There is a pretty extensive thread on bf.c and two or three people tried them out just for fun. One used their housings to put different shocks into.

Calling in and to this point I don't believe they have spring rates that they can give out.

I would skip the wheels and suspension completely. No offense but it sounds like you are trying to spend a large sum of money on wheels/tires leaving a couple hundred dollars on a random suspension kit you found on ebay so you can slam your car.

Wait 3-4 months to mount the wheels and drive it stock. That is my recommendation. If you max out everything your budget can handle what are you going to do if the radiator next breaks? Or you need brakes?
                  i understand your point completely but dont think for one second that im spending all my money on wheels/tires and suspension. the fact is that there are needs and wants i have money set aside for my needs (and rest assured all the maint. on my car is up to date) i run an auto deealership and the first thing i take care of on any car, especially my own personal vehicle is maintence, so as far as brakes/cooling system/ac/ its been done. i have the money to buy any suspension set-up i want i just feel i havent done enough research into what i really want out of the car so i dont wanna jump into a 1K+ set-up that i wont end up happy with

fact is im not patient and i wanna see how these wheels will look on my car as soon as i get em, then im givin myself a few months to do some research and have "want" money set aside to blow on what i please...

thanks for your input though and you wouldnt happen to have the link to the said thread on bf.c would you?

BalleurBuilt•DSDone
                  form>function

Comment

I will try and find it.

What is your budget and ceiling? No reason to spend 330 dollars on somethign random when the e36 has been around a LONG time. There are plenty of options that there is no need to do research on. They have been tried and tested.

Comment

Working...
                    X