Living Room 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Living Room 2.0

So a friend of mine is a commissioned street artist in Chicago, I love his work so I told him I wanted him to do a whole wall. It's almost done, just some minor touch-up left. He and a couple friends spent 12 hours on it yesterday.

Anyone know how to get spray paint off a white carpet? Maybe spray paint white over it?

Before

During

After

I was pretty scared at first, but looking at the 'before' pictures now, I definitely wouldn't want to go back to plain white.
    4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

That looks amazing man! That's great. I've always wanted something like this done.

Originally posted by TRaNz
    yeee, coz RainbowDash is the bestest. its fun combing its hair and tail isnt it? =P
    Originally posted by TRaNz
    They had an Accord Euro meet.....had to show face and you know.....win some respect....and gain exp points to unlock a new sector along with tier 3 vinyl and decals. =D

Comment

I like it! But to me it looks like it stood out a lot more in the first picture when it didn't have all the dark colors on the right of the iguana.
      DEL SOL BUILD THREAD
      E28 BUILD THREAD

I am.... SICKWITHTHEPEN

Comment

I know what it is. The depth was lost when the dark background was added.
        DEL SOL BUILD THREAD
        E28 BUILD THREAD

I am.... SICKWITHTHEPEN

Comment

Yeah, I agree, everything to the right of the rainbow needs to be changed and/or gone over again. We kinda stopped in the middle of that part because it was 3am and some colors ran out. I'm 100% ecstatic about everything to the left of the rainbow though
          4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

That iguana!

Comment

Room looks awesome.

As for the carpet issue, you will need some kind of solvents to clean it up and even then it is not guaranteed to have it all come out.

Also be careful with solvents if the carpet is synthetic, test in an inconspicuous area first.
              Drinking Enthusiast with a Car Problem

Comment

Should have used a roll of plastic and some 3" Painters tape. Also Tape the roof or wall and respray to get a crisp line. Love the iguana though
                Originally posted by Jesus Christ
                he mustve enjoyed that bj.

i know for a fact you chubby bitches could suck the air bubbles out of a brake line

Comment

Looks good!

Nice Dyno btw, I had one for my first BMX bike.
                  1988 Pontiac Firebird Formula 350-
                  Heads Cam Intake Procharged T56 Moser 9* Tokico Suspension
                  1990 Ford Mustang GT 5.0- Stock
                  1993 GMC Typhoon Garnet Red #1519- Stock

Comment

Looks awesome dude!

Comment

Surprised whoever your renting from is cool with that
                      Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

Originally posted by Dudermagee View Post
                        Surprised whoever your renting from is cool with that
                        Normally you just have to paint over it in as close to original color as possible to not get charged for "damaging" the wall.
                        DEL SOL BUILD THREAD
                        E28 BUILD THREAD

I am.... SICKWITHTHEPEN

Comment

Thanks guys, glad you like it too.

I didn't even ask my landlord, zero fucks given. It's a big apartment building that was definitely built low-budget. There were a bunch of bike tire scuffs all over the wall, so it had to be repainted anyway.

Plus, the only reason I did this was because I plan on living here for several years. When I move out, I can just paint over the wall and it's brand new like nothing ever happened. I figure I could give it a quick run with a belt sander to smooth out some drips before I repaint it.

Originally posted by benz88 View Post
                          Should have used a roll of plastic and some 3" Painters tape. Also Tape the roof or wall and respray to get a crisp line. Love the iguana though
                          Well duh, lol, he started doing it when I was gone (ran out to get some cash and beers) and didn't mask anything at all for the green base. So luckily it's just a light green overspray mist on the carpet. I figure worst case scenario, if my coworker (has a pro carpet cleaning truck) can't get it out, I'll just mist some white spray paint over the stain and call it a day.

The top of the rainbow needs to be finished, and I want to change everything up to the right of the rainbow. After that then we'll clean up the tape lines. These guys are street/graff artists afterall, they're definitely not used to taking their time taping walls and ceilings off. None of them had drop sheets so I had to use pillows and a spare shower curtain.
                          Last edited by hi its me alec; 12-29-2013, 10:40 PM.
                          4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

If you do mind me asking. How much did the charge to do the wall?
                            DEL SOL BUILD THREAD
                            E28 BUILD THREAD

I am.... SICKWITHTHEPEN

Comment

Nice work

Comment

Working...
                              X