First time driving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time driving

I'm curious to your stories of your first time driving a car and what car it was in.
    The first car I ever drove in was a Porsche 996 convertible that I "borrowed" from my dad when I was 16. At first it was a pain because I couldn't control the clutch.
    But after about 4-5 stalls I got the hang of it and after that it was brilliant.

Note: I did this on a private business park so technically, it wasn't illegal.

So let's hear yours!

I was 4 or 5 and drove my dad's Horizon into the neighbors rose bushes. Whoops.
    Activity is not on my list of activities.

Comment

I was 14 and home alone on a snowy December night in Illinois, grabbed the keys to my dads 2008 G6 gt coupe and took it for a spin around the block. Came home, sat for 30 min, and loved the rush of it so I took it out again, without realizing how hard it had started to snow. As I was taking a turn to go home, I slid into a fire hydrant lol. Will never forget that day since I was strictly told to shovel the driveway and take the snow off the car then JUST PULL IT IN in the garage lol.

Comment

GMT400 suburban 2500 with the 7.5 vortech... 400+ ftlbs of torque.

I did it legaly with a learners permit and a valid driving instructor because i am not a lawbreaker.
        Last edited by Stupid Kid; 12-21-2013, 09:29 PM. Reason: I do not break laws

Comment

my cousin bought an iroc-z camaro and as he showed it to me on a parking lot doing some burnouts and said let's switch seats. i was 14 at the time and luckily it was automatic. this was nice. i was into cars before but he really amplified my passion for cars. especially for bmw's and older us domestics.
          I drive what I want, and what I ain't drivin' I don't want...

Comment

First car I drove I bought when I was 15 for 50 bucks. It was a 1973 Buick. Had a 350 rocket engine in it. I blew donuts in a parking lot and brought it home. My mom made me give it back haha.

Comment

I was about 14, and had just finished replacing the brakes on the 1966 Mustang I was restoring. It was sitting in the back of our shop and there were two other cars in there; one was a Jeep Cherokee that was kind of in front of the Mustang to where I would have to turn the wheel to avoid it. I was going to take it out of the shop for a short drive and wash out the engine bay. I started to pull out and was having trouble turning at such a low speed (no power steering) so I thought "Oh, I'll just give it a little gas to make it easier." Nope, didn't help and I was just going faster toward the side of the Jeep (it's a long shop). I put my food down on the brake and the pedal went straight to the floor. I did it again, still nothing. I started to panic and tried to turn again and couldn't get it. Frantically I just shoved it into park and stopped 2 feet short of the side of the Jeep. Apparently a brake line had come loose which caused me to have no brakes.

After that I fixed the line and lifted some weights so I was good to go the next time. haha

It's a work in progress^
              Instagram: @jared_hin

The Snaab: Saab 9-5 Build Thread
              Battle Stanced '67 Mercury Cougar

Comment

I was 10 lol, drove my dads truck around the yard...

The first time i drove on the street was in a 1988 toyota corolla 5 speed. i was 13, didnt stall once

Good teachers create good drivers lol
                At first i thought i was low. I was then introduced to stanceworks. My life has not been the same since.

I am Jbigs.

Comment

Working...
                X