White Turd Runabout: Volvo 340 :D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White Turd Runabout: Volvo 340 :D

Hey guys, how are we? Haven't checked out the forum side of SW/CiB for a long time now! I can obviously see i've been missing out BIGTIME!

Anyway, towards the end of last year I had a slight mishap with my E36 and ended up taking it off the road (I was planning to at some point anyway so this just made things happen a little quicker) doing this meant I needed myself a runabout while the E36 becomes a deeper project!

At first I'd bought a little 1991 MK2 VW Polo which was cool n shiz but before my BMW I had a Volvo 340 which was my first drift car and I caught the bug for them lol! So it was decided I was going to sell my Polo and get myself back into some swedish lurve!

This was my previous 340...

It wasn't quite standard underneath the bonnet, was very fun winding peeps up in my "grandad mobile"

Anyway so I found myself another 340, this time plans are to keep engine standard to keep good MPG and just tidy it up. Not alot has happened with it aesthetically at the moment as i've been spending quite a bit of time getting it running properly and reliably! Slowly getting to the stage where I can start working on how it looks now mind

Heres how I first bought it...

I kept my alloys that I had from my Polo to rid of the ghastly steels you see in those pics, alloys aren't the greatest but are only temporary and still much improvement!! After the addition of alloys one very needed clean/polish etc. addition of stickers and new steering wheel amongst a load of other little jobs here and there, it's now currently looking like so...

(like I say not much has changed aesthetics wise)

Picked up my new wheels for it the other day too! Got them for a bargain! need a little TLC but nothing major, and most of all contain dish

Was unsure of the colour scheme at first but propped up against the car look cool so i'll be keeping them the same! They're Centra Type11's 15x7 ET25, never seen a set before so pretty cool

So where is it going from here? Well i'm in the process of sorting the rust out along the bottom of the door, need to get a new LH wing as the current ones rotten! Most importantly though, i'll be ordering lowering parts very soon! Will be going 2-3" lower depending on clearence with the Centras (will try my best for 3" mind ). Also got a few other little ideas such as tinting rear lights all red, metal reg plates etc. Watch this space!!

Hopefully I haven't bored you guys lol
    Last edited by griffo20022; 03-25-2010, 04:54 PM.

Hey guys, well long time no post lol! I finally got some pics of Vincent now lower

I'm happy with how it's come out, especially in the better handling but I personally was expecting (hoping) for it to have sat much lower than how it has ended up. If i'd known what height it would have sat at 3" then I think I would have gone for 4" lol! Regardless it's a MAJOR improvement on how it was!

P.S excuse the meer powers of Nokia N97 pikcher taking lol!

Up in the air and ready to play lol

And after 2 evenings of tatting...

Also with the new wheels fitted and pressed metal plates fitted too

Also today went over to BKV (Volvo owners show, yes it was full of old men in jesus sandals talking about caravans.....lol) and had a good time meeting some new faces etc. and FINALLY managed to pick me up a new wing from a V3M forum member (Thanks mate!) So during this week I should get that resprayed and hopefully fit it next weekend, so should be all good

Comment

sweet man i love bricks. needs moar low!

Comment

Originally posted by ff_drift_lol View Post
        sweet man i love bricks. needs moar low!

Thanks dude, yer if I had known this is how 3" would have turned out, I would have gone for 4 or maybe even 5" lower! I've heard theres possibilities of problems with the tramp bar beyond 3" as it looks quite maxxed out not although I don't believe anybody has gone past 3" so theres a challenge for the future As for the front if I decide to push for moar lows i'll lower the strut in the hub rather than lower springs meaning i'll still keep the same amount of travel as what I have now (which isn't much )

Comment

Working...
        X