BBS wheel question - can't seem to find the answer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBS wheel question - can't seem to find the answer

Are the center sections of a 15" BBS RS and a 16" BBS RS the same size?

The reason i ask is because while shopping for the parts to rebuild mine i noticed that both the 15" lips and 16" lips require the same number of bolts (30). Which leads me to believe that if i ordered new 16" barrels as well, then i might be able to change the overall size of the wheel from my current 15 inch, to a 16 without having to have things custom made.

Is this even close to correct? Or am i just dreaming up random stuff...
    -jonathan

I've seen guys use 17" RS centers to make quasi-Super RS sets....not sure if the same applies with 15-16" centers though.

Comment

It could be. But they spacing of the bolts could be greater even though they take the same amount of bolts.

Good Luck!
      -BMW Master Technician

Comment

really depends on the specific model RS. but most are not the same sized centers. 16" typically have a 13" actual center diameter and are 34 bolt while 15" wheels are a 30 bolt and are somewhere around 12.5". almost every 16" rs is a 34 bolt, so not sure where you got your info.
        sigpic
        1990 Nissan fairlady Z32 - long term build
        1982 euro porsche 930 turbo

"A less- assuming enthusiast probably wouldnt even think that this Z ran because of how naked the engine compartment was. The motor looks as if it just floats there, with nothing else in sight." Super Street 9/2012

http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=19185

Comment

Depends on the model number, but it can be done.

Comment

Originally posted by 1badg35 View Post
            really depends on the specific model RS. but most are not the same sized centers. 16" typically have a 13" actual center diameter and are 34 bolt while 15" wheels are a 30 bolt and are somewhere around 12.5". almost every 16" rs is a 34 bolt, so not sure where you got your info.
            This.
            Originally posted by Jesus Christ
            if "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" doesnt include being able to buy a huge veiny motherfucker then the declaration of independence isnt worth the hemp it was written on.
            Originally posted by Jedidiah
            he speaks the truth.. he doesn't even have the -- -- eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by extol1337 View Post
              This.
              X2. There are some 17" models that take the 16" instar, I believe they're RS178 & RS198 both of them with the BMW bolt pattern. I dont know if the same can be done with 16's.

Comment

4x100 16" RSs are 30 hole centres, RS003 is the model number.
                there used to be a company on ebay that sold a conversion kit, was about €1200 plus shipping for 4 lips in what ever size you wanted, 4 barrels, 120 bolts and a tube of sealer,cant seem to find it now though.

Comment

Working...
                X