Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another E30 coilover thread by a dumbass

Alright fellas,

I've been reading other threads on here and my lack of practical understanding has failed me.
    Basically, i have a set of front coilover struts front a 325 which have had the coilover thread and sleeve welded on but i still have standard 325 shocks and pretty soft springs.

I whipped out the coilover spanner and wound them all the way down the other day till there was about 1cm between the bump stop and the bottom of the strut but there was no difference in ride height.
    My guess is this means i need shorter shocks and firmer springs coz its bouncy as shit.

Any help/tips/advice to help me get mega lows appreciated or just slap me if i'm being a fuckwit

(if you look at the pic, i can still fit a finger in between the arch and tyre, NOT good)

Cheers, Pete
    Last edited by Coops90; 03-20-2010, 04:47 AM.

You need shorter shocks.
    Afterwards you need to cut the strut housing, to fit the smaller shock. then re-weld it. if it hasn't already bin done.

Note, because your cutting the strut housing. Your car will be that amount lower.
    So it can happen that your now lowest setting, will be the same as the new highest setting.

*edit; welcome to the forum.
    -Instagram@jdjurhuus
    Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

Comment

Cheers for the reply,

sorry, which bit is the strut housing? Think it must be called something different in the UK.

Thanks for the welcome.
      Pete

Comment

Dampner housing/assembly perhaps ?

Comment

What you slide the shock/spring into

And yes, you have no travel and too long of springs. Get shortbodys (g60 shocks, or check out ground control) or at least Bilsteins sports with shorter bumpstops and shorter springs

Flickr

Comment

ahh right, think i get ya.

g60 shocks? as in shocks for a g60?

cheers lads

Comment

Working...
            X