e36 skid plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e36 skid plate

so does anyone know where i can get a skid plate for my oil pan?

i know that there are kid plates available, but none that i know of that acually cover the oil pan, there are the ones that are aluminum that are single piece ones that get rid of the crappy plastic on the bottom of the bumper and behind it (don't know about M3's ) but those dont go back far enough to protect the oil pan.

any ideas? or maybe i should just fab one up out of steal and do it myself... probably more cost effective that way haha

Oil pan isnt in a whole lot of danger really, but I plan on custom makin one at some point just for the sake of having it.

Comment

Yeah, the oil pan is tucked up high enough, its pretty much out of the way. I really want to find something to protect my sway bar tho... I drag that damn thing everywhere, and REALLY don't want to rip it out.

Comment

eh maybe im just paranoid... ill proabbly end up making something to cure my paranoia... or feed into it or however that works...

Comment

My dad's Ti has one... dunno what it all covers though or where it's from. It was on there when he bought the car.

Pretty useless on an E36 imho. Before you'll hit the oilpan hard enough to crack it... no wait, before the oilpan is exposed enough to be able to be cracked, your car will have broken in half already because the whole frame was shaved away from dragging.

It's more a "lawl, luk wat i has" item on an E36 than anything else.

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

get a chassi x-brace. $180 it doesnt fully cover your pan but it puts something inbetween your pan and the road which should help alot. i should hopefully be installing mine tonight or tomorrow.

Comment

+1 on x brace
              Buy my forgestars!

Comment

Originally posted by mad325is View Post
                eh maybe im just paranoid... ill proabbly end up making something to cure my paranoia... or feed into it or however that works...
                The oil pan is behind and above the subframe. I think you'd be wasting your time and money to build a skid plate.

Comment

yeah if anything you would want a skidplate for your lip/ exhaust

Comment

i come from Jeeps, and ive made plenty of bumpers/cages/skid plates before. ill be building a belly pan for my vert this summer... ill do a write up to show you guys how ill be building mine. i cant wait, my friend is getting a new lift and my dads friend works at a metal yard, so ill be getting some nice sheets. its gunna be sickkk.

Comment

Well I've cracked my pan 2 times now when your slammed it is an issue.... I'm looking into finding/making one for my car since I'll be jb welding my pan for the second time this week...... Maybe people aren't low enough hehe
                      HoodRatStatus
                      Instagram @looneylow

Comment

Take a picture.
                        You are running a 4 cylinder engine right? Maybe people can't afford a 6 banger that break the pan.
                        -Instagram@jdjurhuus
                        Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

Comment

i want the latest designs of the kids plate. rafting in rishikesh

Comment

my pan sits lower then my subframe too....

might run an x brace but it will be on the ground 24/7 i think
                            HoodRatStatus
                            Instagram @looneylow

Comment

The X - Brace will be dragging constantly if you get it or maybe just a few mm above the floor. Why is your pan exposed so much?

Comment

Working...
                              X