5er Staggered Style 32s on E36

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5er Staggered Style 32s on E36

Hey guys, just a couple quick questions for you fitment pros. I'm looking at a set of 5 series staggered style 32s that would be PERFECT for my car... if they fit. Right now, they have 235/45/17 on the front and 255/40/17 on the rear. I assume both of these are going to be way too huge. Style 5 cats with 17x8 et 20 rims roll 205/40/17, right? So with that I would be set for the front... but what about the rear? I assume they're 17x9 but I'm not sure on the offset. I **** staggered stretch (ridiculous fitment out back, nothin' in front), so is there going to be any option that would make me happy?

Also, I don't have any suspension work done yet. Would I look ridiculous with crazy stretch and poke with no drop? I know, I know, wheels come after suspension, but I really don't want to have to buy new tires for my 15s.

Luke

EDIT: So I did some digging and learned from this thread (http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...light=style+32) that the rears are et 26 so I'm going to need a 215 out back, and personally I'd probably run a 205 in front so the stretch matches. So my only real question is: Will it look stupid at stock ride height? I plan to go low eventually but given my current financial situation it may not be in the cards for a while. Also I will never be able to go as low as some of you west coasters as here in Minneapolis we only have 2 seasons; winter and road construction. I know people complain about the roads everywhere, but I could literally find potholes to hide in on some of the streets here.
    Last edited by Sacretis; 07-12-2009, 12:43 AM.

Stretched tires and stock ride height does in fact look stupid. I would wait.

Comment

Originally posted by SeanDub View Post
      Stretched tires and stock ride height does in fact look stupid. I would wait.
      Yep. Wait.

I know what you're talking about with potholes here in the Twin Cities. They suck in some spots. Luckily my area has a lot of new pavement.
      -George
      flickr

Comment

+1. When you wait, its even more worth it.
        -Brandon
        E46 No More..
        Her Concise History:
        http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=778655

Comment

just save up and do both at the same time

trust me itll be so satisfying to do them at the same time and drop it off the jack for the first time

Comment

+1 to stolzy's comment thats what i did! very content & surprising after i heard the shhhhhhh stop on my jack then i found out the jack was stuck under my frame LOL, yeah but i need some pokage :]
            Last edited by TRiCC; 07-18-2009, 10:43 PM.

Comment

Buy some used 15" tires, they're dirt cheap.
              Put the rest of your money towards coils.
              Then start looking at better wheels/tires.
              [

Comment

Whoa, I didn't know those came in 17in. Ones on the e38 are 18in.

Comment

Originally posted by BADwayz View Post
                  Buy some used 15" tires, they're dirt cheap.
                  Put the rest of your money towards coils.
                  Then start looking at better wheels/tires.
                  church

Mr. Belvedere

I want to buy your single 4x100 Ronal Racing center

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteStripes View Post
                    Whoa, I didn't know those came in 17in. Ones on the e38 are 18in.
                    They are avaible in sizes ranging from 15" up to 20".

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

Working...
                    X