Need help with wheel gap/exhaust clearance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with wheel gap/exhaust clearance

I traded for 14x7 Bassett wheels with 155/55/14 stretched tires. The only suspension mods I have are Neuspeed springs on stock shocks. If my gf and I both sit in the car, there's an exhaust clamp that literally sits on the ground. I had no clearance issues with my 15x6.5 Rotas on 195/50/15 tires. To improve exhaust clearance (most important), and lessen wheels gap (less important), what tire size could I run if I want to keep my current wheels that would get me closer to the clearance I had with my Rotas?

Here's some comparison pics:

Rotas

Bassett

If you absolutely have to keep running tiny 14s then try 'mikalor' exhaust clamps and turn it so it won't hit the deck
    Float like a Cadillac, Sting like a Beemer!
    http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24326

Comment

what kind of exhaust do you have?

doesnt sound like stock but you should be able to flip the clamps around

Comment

Exhaust clamps? Honda doesnt use those, also have you tried coilover sleeves or coils?
        "Nord's armor has lots of fur. This sometimes makes M'aiq nervous." -M'aiq The Liar

THIS GL-10 IS PRETTY COOL!

Stay up to date with my '86 Subaru GL-10 build on Instagram with @billytheboobaru

"At least if your car is going to die, might as well die under WOT giving it the beans"

Comment

Working...
        X