My 010 Q build up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 010 Q build up

Since most of you guys are not on VSC, I will also post up my build on here.

In 2008, I bought some wheels with the intent of redoing my entire car. Lots of costly repairs along with the bad economy slowed me down from doing so.

Front wheels

Rear wheels

The last electrical issue I had resulted in so much damage due to how low the car sits and my wheel fitment. The car had to be dragged while on the ground which busted my custom front bumper badly, tore up all of my fenders, ripped my rear bumper and exhaust off. The car has only been driven one day in 2009 and that was straight to the body shop. I didn't have a steady job for most of the year so I kept it there while I sent over parts and payments for the work to be done.

My quarter panels are heavily modified as is. They are pulled to the max and radiused over 1.5". Fitting these new wheels will be no easy task.

This looks to be a 4+ month build up thread. Updates won't come as rapid as my previous builds because I am using a new body shop (my long time suspension shop) and they are a 430 mile round trip from me.
    We are not your average enthusiasts

January 09, Mode Parfume released a concept of a new trunk. My friend Bonafyd showed it to me. I ***** it the first 5 minutes but then it grew on me. I had Fred check up on it and at the time, they were not selling it.

That sucked. After looking at it some more, there were things about the trunk that I just wasn't feeling so it might of been better that the trunk wasn't for sale (it is now). I figured I would have my body shop make a similar trunk by using the actual trunk that inspired the mode parfume trunk.

My stock trunk is aluminum which can not be combined with any other metal. I was researching to see if the BMW 745 trunk was aluminum but no one had a clue. I winged it and just bought one

The trunk turned out to be steel so that basically shattered my dreams. I told my shop of the little problem but I guess they didnt hear me because they said they would be able to get it to work. Then I go there to see the progress and there was none. We were discussing it for about an hour trying to think of ways to get it to work. One way was to just work on the steel 7 series trunk to get it to fit but it would be way too much work since the proportions were off all around.

Even the wing that is going to get chopped up is authentic. No knockoffs

Thats just one of the roadblocks so far but I will keep you guys posted

Comment

I decided the gas lid was going to look out of place on my car because it is square and felt a round one would suit it better. I spoke with my body shop about it and they refused to do it without me bringing them the quarter panel of the car whos gas lid I was using. I respected that because I don't want to have a gas lid that doesn't open properly or line up OEM looking.

It was another unexpected expense but luckily I got a pretty good deal on it. The labor is going to get me though.

My goal is to get a full feature of a Japanese VIP magazine. Hopefully by not missing a single detail, I can accomplish it. I had an opportunity in the past that didn't happen because I didn't get my hands on pics that were taken of it =(

Comment

This is the look I am going for with my fenders

Because that is a coupe and I have a sedan, they will need to continue the flare onto the door

Comment

I went to visit the car today. They been busy but they just started it. The jag style flares on the fenders had been cut off. Right now I have a sick radius. They should be working in the flare after my rear brakes get here and get spaced out. Kyle hooked it up with the brakes. Mahollo's! Hes a great guy to deal with :biggthumpup:

Here is what the stock rear quarter looks like. SOrry if this is someones pic on here. I took the cleanest stock body Q I could find on google.

This is mine right now (keep in mind its not done, they just cut a chunk off)

^I drew on the dust to kind of give you an idea of where I want the flare to start from so it is not too drastic. I want the OEM bubble look of the Benz'

Comment

AYE!

^I want the gas cap around there. It's actually bigger then the circle I drew out but I did that to give you an idea

^Piece they cut off from my old body work. Keep in mind that I was already radiused. From stock, it would be a 70-75mm radius

^I put the piece back on there

I am excited that they actually got to work. Can't wait until my rear BBK gets here and the spacer gets added and they get to work on the flare. The car will lay frame

Comment

damn...those lips on those WEDS...

Good luck with the build.

Main Page - Facebook - Flickr - Instagram - Twitter
              Originally posted by Oxer
              You know who Jason is? Anyone here read the Bible or know most of the stories etc? Who's the guy that stands at the gate and decides if you get into heaven or not? That's Jason. He processes everyone in the intro threads and welcomes them.
              Originally posted by Average_Jerk
              Also you relinquish all of your rights by posting in RT. You can be banned at any time for no reason at all.

Comment

epic! watching this thread!

Comment

can't wait for more updates
                  1988 Toyota MR2 Supercharged
                  Stance:Nation Feature | Build Thread

Comment

ohhh this will be sickkkk.

Comment

amazing rollers, should be awesome once completed
                      iiililillillliliil
                      bar|society

Comment

Agi..Can't wait for it to be out

Comment

wow

Comment

Looks dope so far. Looking forward to seeing the finished product.
                            - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

dope. Cant wait for the final
                              |My Blog|flickr| Currently own: '96 S-10, and '97 Maxima; Soon to own: '95 S14

Originally posted by DuWerk
                              Drama you are like god
                              Originally posted by SwearBear
                              Lol, yes its a 5 speed manuel. I **** automatic >.< And just because its a kia doesnt mean it doesnt have guts or power. 273whp with extreamly very little done to it like less then $100 done to it.

Comment

Working...
                              X