This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air up and air down using Accuair elevel and Lexus smartaccess functions

Ok, I am looking at doing air ride on my Lexus IS250. Bag Riders will be supplying the bag setup, and I like the Accuair elevel management system. The car has what Lexus calls smartaccess. This is where the key fob is sensed within three feet of the car and will allow you to grab a front door handle and it unlocks the doors for you. It also allows the car to start using the push button on the dash. In turn it allows you to just press a button on the door handle to lock the doors when you leave out.

My question is, would it be possible to wire in the dump and rise functions into this smartaccess setup on the car? So when I get out of the car it would be sitting at ride height...I lock the doors with the button and the bags dump out full. Then when I walk back up and grab the handle the car would unlock and rise up to full height. No extra buttons outside or key fobs to carry. Once I got in settled and ready then I would hit #2 and the car sets itself to ride height and off we go.

Now I live in Cincinnati Ohio, and have stopped by Spade Creations (many SEMA cars and ultra high end stereo setups/builds of many pro players) to ask them what they thought of this. Nobody there could come up with a way to do this.

One installer suggested placing a touch pad under the glossy black trim on the doors "B" pillar to make it go up and one more just next to it to make it drop with just a swipe of my finger. That would work but it would still react to me washing the car, or anything like that...not what I was thinking about.

One installer suggested that I wouldn't want to do this because of the auto locking feature on the car...said the doors would lock and the car would dump right in the middle of the street moving at 5mph...not healthy for the oil pan.

So as seeing that I have a very limited knowledge on this subject, I am putting it out there to see what else StanceWorks can come up with.

Honestly, I don't think integrating e-level with your SmartAccess is a good idea. Even if you could accomplish this, you don't want your all-up and all-down functions automated 100% of the time. In fact, e-level management already has a rise-on-start feature that will set the car at your driving height every time you start the car if you choose. Also, why would you want the car to lay frame every time you get out of the car? There will be times when this is very inconvenient, especially if you're in a hurry to get in the car and drive. Imagine if you accidentally park with the front bumper slightly over a curb. You lock your car and then CRUNCH. The e-level presets should be controlled at the user's will, not automated....IMO.
    2008 Acura TL Type-S, Accuair Equipped
    Follow me on Instagram: @ebelp

Comment

what he said ^^. While the automated feature seems like a great idea, a perfect world , live in do we not. Many times its not a great idea to dump the car. yes it looks badass but at the expense of damaging it? IMO not worth it.

Comment

Yeah after talking it over with some other people, I have decided to just use the e-level system by its self and not hack the Lexus controls. Thanks for the input and don't worry there will probably be more questions later.

Comment

Working...
        X