The Lowest Jack Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Lowest Jack Thread

Which jacks do you all use for your low ass vehicles? I'm on the lookout for one. I've been told the ones from Harbor Freight go the lowest and are the cheapest.

The lowest ones I see on HFs website are these two:

1.5 Ton Aluminum Jack - very light, but doesn't go as low
    Lowest height- 3.375 inches

2.5 Ton Jack - heavy as shit, goes lower
    Lowest height - 2.75 inches

Any other suggestions?
    Montego Blue 2007 E92 335i - ZSP / ZPP / Steptronic / Logic7
    Instagram: bmwforlife

Originally posted by SD202
    70,000 miles and counting. static slammed. From here to vegas to LA and everywhere in between. Shes my daily driver. Because shes my only car. everything that has ever broke has been a result of being slammed.

The lower jack is actually really nice, a few of my friends have it, and I'll be picking one up soon.

Comment

I have used a motorcycle jack as the onse I have is pretty low pro

Comment

fuck I need one of those... In order to use my jack. I have too jack up the front on the core support. put a stand under. then get on the frame rail from the side.... its like a process lol

Comment

I actually have both of the ones you posted. The second one is great. Its not really that heavy. Rolls easy. Lifts quick and more importantly goes both LOWER and HIGHER than the first one.

I'm actually thinking about getting the 2 ton one that they have because it goes a smidge lower and about 4 inches higher if I remember correctly. It is phisically longer than the 2.5 ton and has foot and hand pump. But I haven't run into a situation where the 2.5 ton can't get under. It even gets under my Del Sol.
          DEL SOL BUILD THREAD
          E28 BUILD THREAD

I am.... SICKWITHTHEPEN

Comment

Air jacks >
            - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

I have that Pittsburg one, god it's a fucking pain to drag around. Not really convenient at all lol
              I dislike Byron.

Comment

Originally posted by got splits? View Post
                I have that Pittsburg one, god it's a fucking pain to drag around. Not really convenient at all lol
                You know what's not convenient? The shitty jack points on BMWs. It's like they're only designed to go on lifts.

70,000 miles and counting. static slammed. From here to vegas to LA and everywhere in between. Shes my daily driver. Because shes my only car. everything that has ever broke has been a result of being slammed.

Comment

Originally posted by EDM92 View Post
                  You know what's not convenient? The shitty jack points on BMWs. It's like they're only designed to go on lifts.
                  THIS!!!

I feel like I'm going bend something I'm not suppose to when I jack mine up.
                  DEL SOL BUILD THREAD
                  E28 BUILD THREAD

I am.... SICKWITHTHEPEN

Comment

OP you never mentioned whether this is for use in the garage or to keep in the car. That makes a big difference.
                    DEL SOL BUILD THREAD
                    E28 BUILD THREAD

I am.... SICKWITHTHEPEN

Comment

I have that mega heavy one too. It never leaves my garage but it's great otherwise. Has lots of lift and it's still the lowest one I have found.

Comment

Originally posted by los02 View Post
                        OP you never mentioned whether this is for use in the garage or to keep in the car. That makes a big difference.
                        Good point. I plan to keep it in the car. I'm pretty sure I'm going to go with the heavy one since it goes a bit more than a half inch lower, even though it is rather heavy.

Comment

I have this Arcan jack from Costco. Super heavy but it lifts my cars and full-size truck effortlessly.

025garage

Comment

My Craftsman is only 3.5" tall.... Got it a few years back. Doesn't matter though, I have to drive the car onto 2 layers of 2x8s to get it under there
                            Real name is James

Comment

2x4's lots of them>all
                              IG @RobthaBavarian

Comment

Working...
                              X