PNW- ACHTUN!NG presents - Port Townsend Cruise 2010!! Sunday, March 7th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PNW- ACHTUN!NG presents - Port Townsend Cruise 2010!! Sunday, March 7th

I know its late notice... I kinda slacked getting this posted up here... I will be goin to this event, let me know if you want to caravan from kirkland...

I did cross post this from vwvortex

ACHTUN!NG presents - Port Townsend Cruise 2010!! Sunday, March 7th « » 4:06 PM 1-29-2010

The 6th annual Port Townsend Cruise is on! Mark your calendars for Sunday, March 7th!!

I've got a lot of details to go over so please check back on this post often as updates and important information will be added!! In fact many of the details from previous years no longer apply so make sure you are up-to-speed on this year's event. Here is what we know for sure is happening:

Where: Cruise to Port Townsend from Griot's Garage in Tacoma
    When: Sunday, March 7th at 9:00 am, departing at 9:30 am.
    Why: To enjoy a cruise with fellow European car enthusiasts and to support NW Harvest.
    Who: All European car enthusiasts

Important details below. Again, be sure to check back as more details are added!!

Meeting spot:
    Griot's Garage
    3500-A 20th Street East
    Tacoma, WA 98424
    Driving Directions

Meeting time: 9:00 am

- Griot's Garage is opening its doors to welcome European car drivers in preparation for the day's cruise.

- During this time, canned food will be collected (2-can minimum per car) for NW Harvest in exchange for Achtuning Parking Pass which will give you access to reserved parking in Port Townsend.

- Be sure to pick up a copy of a map featuring the route for this cruise and additional details about your arrival in Port Townsend.

Departure time: 9:30 am

In Port Townsend:
    - Achtuning has arranged for parking inside Memorial Stadium to better accommodate the masses. Parking passes collected at Griot's Garage in exchange for canned food will gain you access into Memorial Field, where you can park your car for the duration of our stay in Port Townsend. Those of you who cannot make it to Griot's can also exchange cans of food for parking passes upon entering Memorial Field. (Please have your cans ready before entering stadium to expedite this process.)

- Reserved parking in Port Townsend from 11:30 am to 5:00 pm. During this time, feel free to kick it with fellow enthusiasts and check out all the cars. Please support the City of Port Townsend and have yourself some lunch at one of the many good eating spots in town.

Drive carefully and safely!! I cannot stress enough the importance of how this is to be a safe drive. WSP and Port Townsend PD will be made aware of this event. That said...

Mind your driving habits on this cruise! When we drive as a group, each and every one of us represents the community as a whole . No burn-outs in the parking lots, no illegal lane-passing (or shoulder passing), keep a controlled speed and safe following distance at all times, and respect the Port Townsend community and other communities that we pass through. Give everyone else the right-of-way. DO NOT keep people from merging onto the highway just because you do not want to be separated by the European car in front of you!! I strongly encourage anyone to call 911 and report those driving unsafely. There is a rather large risk in traveling in large groups like this and we need to realize that despite our numbers, we do NOT own the road!! Furthermore, be sure to keep noise levels in Port Townsend to a minimum. We all know what aftermarket exhausts sound like. No need to show that off for the sake of annoying Port Townsend residents.

Tacoma Narrows Bridge Toll: Please don't forget there is a toll on the Tacoma Narrows Bridge now. It is only charged eastbound. Of course those taking the ferry back will not have to pay that fee.

I'll be there again this year. Awesome way to start out the new season

Comment

right on, ill see you there

Comment

If time permits, the wife and I will try and make it there in the morning for the drivers meeting. We have a flight to catch on Sunday so it might be a smidge tough for us to do the drive, especially because we won't be in a euro, but a rental instead. Hyundai accent punks.

Mr. Belvedere

I want to buy your single 4x100 Ronal Racing center

Comment

Right on Neek... It would be awesome to meet an out of towner...

Comment

Anymore of you PNW guys coming out for this thing sunday? Its lookin like the weather is gonna be right and its for a great cause...

I will be driving from kirkland down to tacoma and most likely coming back on the bainbridge island ferry if anyone wants to caravan or wants to go but doesnt have a ride.

Comment

Pic thread http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=4793783

Nice meeting you this weekend dude

Comment

Working...
              X