No announcement yet.

For Sale: Raceland Coilovers E36 (NEW)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Sale: Raceland Coilovers E36 (NEW)

Well, I got these for Christmas this year with the intention of putting them on my 325is over spring break. Then the transmission went out and after deciding it would be better in the long run to just sell the car then fix it (again), these are for sale.

Brand new! Never been installed. I paid $263 for them directly from racelandus.com. Everything is included:

2 x Height Adjustable Strut
    2 x Height Adjustable Rear Shock Absorber
    4 x Main Spring
    2 x Damper Spring
    2 x Top Hat
    4 x Lowering Spring Seat
    2 x Spring Seat Lock
    2 x Bump Stop
    2 x Hook Spanner Wrench
    2 x Raceland Stickers

Spring rates are:
    Front 350 lbs/inch
    Rear 300 lbs/inch

NOTE: I called raceland to ask about the spring rates and they told me something completly different then what they have on there website. I believe they told me 400 lbs/inch for the front and 420 lbs/inch for the rear. They also said they were stiffer then stock.

Heres a direct link to the kit

Asking $250 shipped.

-Dan

Still up Help me out guys, raceland won't allow me to return them since its past 60 days even tho they have never been used or mounted.

-Dan

Comment

Last bump before they sell with the car. $250 shipped or OBO accepting trades!

-Dan

Comment

pm

Comment

Hey are they still for sale? I am truly interested

Comment

Let me know if these are still available. Shoot me a PM

Comment

These are no longer for sale and are on the car now. For anyone who is thinking about getting Raceland Coilovers, I STRONGLY suggest getting stiffer springs. I feel like a pogo stick on wheels.

-Dan

Comment

From what I heard, the stiffer springs is not a good idea. The coilovers are made for those spring rates, anything else is going to kill your coils.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris.A View Post
                  From what I heard, the stiffer springs is not a good idea. The coilovers are made for those spring rates, anything else is going to kill your struts.
                  Fixed
                  They're a $300 coilover kit. I rather drive around on stiff springs and have to replace the whole set up within a year then driving around ****** life because the car feels like its on hydraulics with the slightest indent on the road.

-Dan

Comment

Yeah completely understand what you mean. Well see how I like/dislike mine. Haha keep us updated on the springs you get .

Comment

Originally posted by Chris.A View Post
                      Yeah completely understand what you mean. Well see how I like/dislike mine. Haha keep us updated on the springs you get .
                      According to balleur (who is also on racelands on his e36) he said he swapped his out for GC race springs 900lb front 1150lb rear.

-Dan

Comment

Take in consideration a set of coilovers retailing at $300 equals only $75 per corner. These people aren't making parts to give them away or take a loss for your personal enjoyment. They are making "profit" when selling at $300. Which means that their cost to make these things is probably around $35-40 bucks / corner.

You are entrusting you life with something that equates to little more then what you would find in a crackerjack box. This is taking "getting low at any cost" to a level that is beyond unreasonable. Please take that crap off your car and save up and buy something that makes sense.

When cheap lowering springs cost more to purchase then a entire suspension setup, reasoning has flown out the door. Sincerely guys, please be safe with the aftermarket parts you put on your car. Use just a little bit of common-sense and make the roads safer for you and everyone around you.

/soapbox.

Comment

^That was something I considered when I bought them. But after reading countless reviews that people had on them and people still using them up to 10,000mi without any problems they seamed safe enough for a daily. Would I autox them? Hell no. Would I take a turn going over 90mph on them? Probably not. Theres the people out there who buy products like these and expect them to be up to par with the $2,000 set ups. Those are the people who hurt others and themselves by doing stupid things. But for a car thats only a daily and a driver who knows that these are not the best coilovers by far nor can they take a decent turn at a good rate of speed, these are good enough.

-Dan

Comment

I won't argue your point. I can appreciate it. This will be my final post on the subject. As a parting thought take this list into consideration:

2 x Height Adjustable Strut
                            2 x Height Adjustable Rear Shock Absorber
                            4 x Main Spring
                            2 x Damper Spring
                            2 x Top Hat
                            4 x Lowering Spring Seat
                            2 x Spring Seat Lock
                            2 x Bump Stop
                            2 x Hook Spanner Wrench
                            2 x Raceland Stickers

Spring rates are:
                            Front 350 lbs/inch
                            Rear 300 lbs/inch

They first had to source raw materials to even manufacture the above. By concluding their cost is roughly $35-40 per corner, one can also presume that the raw materials used are at the very bottom of the "steel / iron" chart. You can better believe there are zero dollars spent on R&D and safety testing.

I'm making this final point to simply say that even for "daily" duties, these things are probably incredibly unsafe. Just because others haven't had catastrophic failure inside of 10k miles, doesn't mean you can't be the one out of 20 that it does happen to. Looking after you in this argument man. The numbers just don't add up to insure that all parties "win" here.

I won't say anything else on the matter, other then to replace these as soon as your wallet can allow it.

Ben

Comment

The whole get what you paid for really comes into play here with this one. As soon as I have enough money saved up, im switching to another more track oriented set up, they ride like shit anyway.

For those who are thinking about these, just know what your buying and don't be "that guy" who expects to do any fancy cornering with these and blame the coilover company for failing. Your the driver, you should know what your set up can handle and what it cant. For a setup for under $300, it can't do a lot. Like Ben said, low quality material was used most likely to keep the cost down. Don't expect much from these and use common sense while driving.

-Dan

Comment

Working...
                              X