Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cutt springs anyone?

Howzit guys,

How do ya'll feel about cutt springs? I'm a bit strapped for cash and really need to stance my baby (99 A4 1.8T fwd) so i can start posting some pics of her. Let me know your views.

Cheers.

Cutting your springs is not worth it at all, you gut uneven levels of low, you can f*ck your struts and damage a whole boat load of other things, just save up. Its not worth it at all.
    - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

^^^ what he said

Comment

why anyone would think of doing such things is beyond me.

Comment

im on cut springs >.>
          My Blog - http://wookieramblings.blogspot.com Your car could be on it!

Comment

I ran them at one time. Kills shocks super fast. I was young and had no money though.

Comment

I've had 22 cars, all lowered... and probably 18 of them were on cut springs at some point in my owning them, and a few even rode on cut lowering springs for more low... I usually ended up swapping out for the real deal but it worked fine for the time being...

Just last week we just cut a coil off my buddys E36 M3 lowering springs because it wasn't low enough, and slammed a bucket LS400 for a friend because its his daily was looking raggedy at stock height.

Comment

yeah im on cut lowering springs up front and cut OEMs in the rear. Ride is fine.

Comment

You guys aren't gonna make it easy. Are you.

Valid points made from those against it. I understand it can be a bad thing for my baby.
                  But hey, it's all about the stance, right?

I think I'm gonna go with those for it. If it's cut right/even, the ride should be fine. Besides, look at the sick yellow jetta running
                  on cut springs. All of ya'll seen it on here.

Thanks for all the replies guys, but I think I'm gonna cut. It's only temporary anyway.

Let the stancin' commence!!!

Comment

Your fine with cut springs as a temp solution. Many slammed cars that people adore, have been pictured on cut springs. The ride isn't going to be great, but won't be bad either. Do it.

As an aside, that yellow jetta you speak of is actually on air. "cut springs" was his thread title and a attempt at humor. I hadn't really laughed about it until now though.

Comment

Unfortunately for Volvos there are only a few options...get lowering springs, purchase $1500 KW coils or make some front coils and figure something out for the rear.

I ended up doing a coilover sleeve setup over Koni's in the front and put lowering springs in the rear. I cut 1/4 dead coils off of the rear. I wouldn't just go around chopping OEM springs but if your specific spring has some dead, or flat, coils...then go for it.

Comment

I messed up my stock struts doing this.
                        I would honestly just wait and save for the real deal.

Comment

paging B Rod!!
                          feia0303
                          - "s t e v e n" -

Comment

Originally posted by EAmon View Post
                            im on cut springs >.>
                            Me too. Drop springs were a tease and rather than cutting my drop springs I just cut my stock springs, pulled the drop springs out and sold them. I told myself it was "temporary" but the mod bug got me. Even H&R coil over for my 210 needs a coil cut. You'll need some sport shocks soon if you do cut your coils. I say go for it. Would you rather be on OEM springs 4x4 height or slammed on OEM springs...slam your Audi man and if you haven't been through the procedure before make sure you at least read up on it or have a friend who been through it before help. Good luck and get low

Comment

yeah if you cut em id recommend getting better struts and shocks. I upgraded my fronts to stiffer Ones and the rear im on Airshocks.

*edit*

thats my buddie's C'class on Cut Springs. made it from Vegas to Buttonwillow and back just fine

Comment

Working...
                              X