How to get more Camber?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get more Camber?

Lame question I know, but I'm looking for a way to get more camber I'm currently I think (from what people say) Running -7 in the Rear and -5 in the front, but it doesn't look that noticeable. I do need spacers to get it flush but do I need custom arms to get more? Custom fabrication? Looking for something around this Yes call it stupid all you want, but my civic is a work of art, and want it looking mean, not like I dropped a body over a different chassis.. Any help would be nice! Heres my current setup minus the front camber kit wasn't installed. http://www.thefoat.com/ImportFaceOff...photo_id-74671 Cant tell much right? **** it, but needs more.. something you know?

Your honda's good looking, but the whole "Oni-Camber" thing is more for luxury cars, so unless you VIP inspire' out your whole car. It'll look awkward and dumb. Sad to say. That, and you don't have big baller enough wheels either. I'm not a "Fake wheels are stupid" person, but to pull off the "Oni-Camber" look you definitely need some VIP inspired wheels.
    1999 Lexus GS300 | Bagged | Wed Kranze Borphes | STUPID

2001 325i |Coupe | Carbonfiber | Comfy

Comment

I just want the camber to be noticeable, not the whole Omni camber (even though I like that) Im just trying to figure out whats needed for it!

Comment

Custom camber plates...
        1999 Lexus GS300 | Bagged | Wed Kranze Borphes | STUPID

2001 325i |Coupe | Carbonfiber | Comfy

Comment

I get those were?? Wait... The shims?

Comment

lellaautosport.com makes custom shims for vw/audi. Im sure they could cut some for different yet relative applications like your civic.

Comment

Il check them out~

Comment

camber plates don't work on honda's FYI, only on macpherson struts. for most honda's (your EG included) you'll need a camber kit for the front and rear, i can run 5.5 degrees max in the rear and about the same in the front with my skunk2 kit, i also acquired some extra pieces to get more out of the front if wanted.

Edit: after checking out your previous posts, it looks like you've already posted this question, and from your intro post taken the advice given. if you are still looking for more camber in the rear you can take the lock nuts off the rear camber arms (in my experience i haven't seen them back off but attempt at your own risk) and crank it down as far as you want to go (also you can shorten the center nut that adjusts the camber for more camber too). If your looking for more in the front then PM me and i can send you a photo of the front pieces i got that give me an extra 2 or 3 degrees beyond the Skunk2 kit.

Build thread ------> http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1186733#post1186733

Comment

VIP cars in japan have so much custom work to get their camber that way. Many of them are tubbed out. Running demon camber just for scene points is pretty silly. To do it right you will need full radius fenders to make the body fit around your now sideways wheels. And forget about daily driving. My LS430 was at -7 and -10. There are very adverse effects on how your car drives when you run that much camber, even with proper toe and caster. And extra stress on everything. If it is a show car that you drive a couple times a month go for it. But anything close to the vip car you have pictured (about -18) will make an awful daily. /rant

Comment

I thought this website was about building what you want, not what makes sense. The guy already stated his car was art. Quit lecturing him and help him get some damn camber.

Comment

^this

Comment

The rear will be pretty easy as you can just make a set of really short upper control arms.

The front will be very hard. I would try to find a shop to make you some custom upper control arms as they will not be something the everyday person can do.

Instagram: surpriseitsmicah

Builds:

Comment

Originally posted by malice View Post
                          I thought this website was about building what you want, not what makes sense. The guy already stated his car was art. Quit lecturing him and help him get some damn camber.
                          Sorry who are you?

Comment

Originally posted by selah777 View Post
                            Sorry who are you?
                            some rand, obviously

Comment

I thougt this site was just about talking and showing stanced cars? Your fantasy about anything goes and no one should question anything... good luck with that.

Selah777 gave him some advice about something he sounds like he has personall experince with, which is a very good thing to hear in situations like this. He can build whatever he wants, but its allways good to hear from expirence.

And what did you add to help him? Oh, thats right.
                              Last edited by cereal black; 07-03-2013, 08:55 AM.
                              cheap/junk/fads/build
                              HVLP
                              4 LIFE

Comment

Working...
                              X