Spacers are my friend!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spacers are my friend!

Spacers are on, NO RUBBING! I have like 1mm or maybe 2 of clearance at the rear fender, but my god, it looks so much better. Before I had a 5mm spacer in front and 0 in back, switched to 10mm up front and 5mm in back. 215/35 in front and 225/35 in back on a 19x8.5 et38

4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

They ARE your friend. So when are you gonna install them?
    Dylan Leff - www.originalplate.com

Comment

Originally posted by mojocoggo View Post
      They ARE your friend. So when are you gonna install them?
      Ha, i was just thinking where are the after install shots...
      [

Comment

that's as good as it gets, boys
        4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

It does look WAY better. Even though it still looked damn good before.

Comment

The front is sitting very good now.
            The rear still needs 10-15mm more.

But it's a step in the right direction.

edit:
            Btw I really like the last shot

edit2:
            A suggestion for your kidneys. Maybe try switching the colors around, i.e. the kidneys themselves in black and the bars in them in body colour, like this:

Last edited by Dr.AK; 07-07-2009, 12:13 PM.

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.AK View Post
              The front is sitting very good now.
              The rear still needs 10-15mm more.
              Truth

Comment

10-15 more is impossible, don't forget that I'm running 19x8.5s here. You 17" guys are spoiled :P The most I could do with these wheels the way they are is 3mm more, and that would involve cutting fenders, which I won't do. Anything more than that and the tire will be touching the fender while I'm driving. I literally have 1 or 2mm of clearance, enough to shove 4 or 5 business cards in. The tip of my pinky is way too small to fit. etc. etc.

In the future I'll get bigger lips and ditch the spacers, or just get different wheels

I will admit that the front needs to go lower though. It's bothering me already lol
                Last edited by hi its me alec; 07-07-2009, 01:07 PM.
                4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

Originally posted by hi its me alec View Post
                  10-15 more is impossible, don't forget that I'm running 19x8.5s here. You 17" guys are spoiled :P The most I could do with these wheels the way they are is 3mm more, and that would involve cutting fenders, which I won't do. Anything more than that and the tire will be touching the fender while I'm driving. I literally have 1 or 2mm of clearance, enough to shove 4 or 5 business cards in. The tip of my pinky is way too small to fit. etc. etc.

In the future I'll get bigger lips and ditch the spacers, or just get different wheels

I will admit that the front needs to go lower though. It's bothering me already lol
                  Impossible? Have you rolled your fenders yet?
                  [

Comment

Not impossible alec.

I have 13mm of spacers on the rear, not rolled, 19x9.5 wheels.

Try different tires. 235/35/19 and you can fit much more in there.

Once I roll fender, I will be able to push 15mm maybe even 18mm :naughty

Comment

-camber.

Comment

sounds like hes trying to avoid rolling fenders

ig: @jonnie86

Comment

Originally posted by Pswirley View Post
                          Not impossible alec.

He is trying to keep from rolling which is why I threw these suggestions out to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Pswirley View Post
                            Not impossible alec.

I have 225/35/19 in back right now... i would have to move down to 215 and roll my fenders to have a prayer of even fitting 3-5mm more on there.
                            Last edited by hi its me alec; 07-07-2009, 03:17 PM.
                            4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

Originally posted by SeanDub View Post
                              -camber.
                              -3 all around and i'm sick of eating tires =/

the fenders are rolled a little bit, but not major. right now it's just barely enough to let the sidewall sneak by.
                              Last edited by hi its me alec; 07-07-2009, 03:18 PM.
                              4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

Working...
                              X