KA24de Swap Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KA24de Swap Help

My friend has an s13. His engine was knocking or something, so he sold it and now has a ka24de (I think it used to be a ka24e, single cam?). He bought the upper harness and lower harness. We put it in and it's all bolted together and we can't get it to turn over or nothing. The egi relay was making a tck...tck...tck, sound when the battery was on but the key wasn't even in the car. We turned the key, and the center console was working, but nothing of the engine worked, wouldn't turn over or nothing. We found out the upper harness I think? wasn't grounded, so we grounded it. The noise stopped. So then we tried to start the car and nothing, and this time the center console or nothing was working. I think we either blew the relay or fixed it. But I think we somehow blew it since less stuff is working than before we grounded it. So we swapped a relay from the other box, I think for the AC?, and still nothing. I think something from the harness may be plugged incorrectly or something like that. I'm not a nissan tech...and I guess neither is he this is his first project car/swap. We've asked some 240 guys to come over and help but they're too busy or flaked or are having their own engine problems. I guess my question is, I've tried googling, but can't find one, is there a good link to maybe something like someone swapping in a stock ka24de into a S13 with lots of pictures of wiring and stuff like that? I've also told him to just get a butt load of spare fuses and relays and just trying to plug stuff into other stuff. Also we could use a test light, but we didn't have one last time I was over there. Any thoughts or suggestions?
    Instagram: danimal._
    Mercedes Build Thread
    Falcon Build Thread

It sounds like the clutch saftey switch isn't wired closed. If it was a mt then you need to bypass that saftey switch.

Comment

Working...
    X