I need some serious help with my car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need some serious help with my car

Hey guys, as the title states I need some help getting the right wheel, tire size set up for my car. The Ch's are 17x8.5 wrapped in 235/40/17 Potenza RE-11's. So here's my problem I think the wheels make the car look way to stock, even with the car being on coil overs. The coil overs are set as follows, the front are one turn from being all the way down and, the rear are all the way down but it still doesn't seem that low. I have been playing around with the idea of maybe painting them a dark color because imo the silver paint just doesn't look that good anymore but Im not to sure. Then there is the idea of just getting a whole new set of wheels, CCW's would be ideal but I didn't realize how much they are and it seems like most people don't want Ch's. So I'm kinda in a pickle, last week I tried to but bigger tires on I had bought a set of Kuhmo EX-Xs 245/40/17 but they just rubbed like hell. So I raised the car up and it looked like shit. So I tried a different set of tires 235/45/17 and it was the same. The only thing I wish I would have tried was a spacer but I didn't have anytime. So what do I do? Paint them? New wheels? try a spacer in the rear? get shorter springs in the rear?

If you want to go lower you need smaller tires not bigger tires. IMO big tires on wheels make them look bad. You could have a really nice set of wheels and huge meaty tires ruin it.

As far as wheels go if you want nice ones you have to pay the price. The only way to save a little money would be to get some that need work and do all the work yourself.

looks like you could use a spacer in the front and rear with your current setup.

Comment

Originally posted by frey328is View Post
      If you want to go lower you need smaller tires not bigger tires. IMO big tires on wheels make them look bad. You could have a really nice set of wheels and huge meaty tires ruin it.

As far as wheels go if you want nice ones you have to pay the price. The only way to save a little money would be to get some that need work and do all the work yourself.

looks like you could use a spacer in the front and rear with your current setup.

Thanks for the info, yeah Im thinking about picking up another set of wheels for street use with some smaller tires, I want to keep this current tire/wheel set up for the track. Oh man it needs spacers so bad, I have been looking into it. I was told maybe a 5mm all around would be good? Where would be the best place to pick some up?

Comment

You've got tons of options man.

1) buy new springs for your coilovers to go lower (price: around $200)

2) buy spacers, your front especially needs them, probably 15mm (price: around $200)

3) buy new wheels (price: $who knows)

4) change the color of your CH's (price: $20 to $400)

Do what your heart desires. I personally love CH's.

Comment

Yeah the CHs are nice, they would look really good in black IMO.
          Originally posted by da3bous
          I want you to photoshop a giant penis down the side of my car

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave View Post
            You've got tons of options man.

1) buy new springs for your coilovers to go lower (price: around $200)

2) buy spacers, your front especially needs them, probably 15mm (price: around $200)

3) buy new wheels (price: $who knows)

4) change the color of your CH's (price: $20 to $400)

Do what your heart desires. I personally love CH's.
            Tj thanks man, Im going to be sending you a PM.

Comment

Originally posted by aschroeder92 View Post
              Yeah the CHs are nice, they would look really good in black IMO.
              yeah they would Im playing around with the idea.

Comment

Black wheels are played...

I'd say space them out and get some smaller tires and go lower...

A color change would def. make them pop more, but I dunno what would look good on silver. Maybe an actual color of some sort.

2004 350Z Twin Turbo

Comment

Originally posted by 1985zcar View Post
                  Black wheels are played...

Comment

Working...
                  X