Photoshop for Photography

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photoshop for Photography

I know this may seem odd, but recently I have gotten into photography in a big way, and I have a pretty good knowledge of PS in terms of graphics and what not, but no idea when it comes to editing photos for the right effects. So if you have guys have any good sites or guides that may be able to help me, it would be very appreciated.

Thanks,

- Kielan
    - Kielan (Key-lin)

anything specific your trying to do?
    |My Blog|flickr| Currently own: '96 S-10, and '97 Maxima; Soon to own: '95 S14

Originally posted by DuWerk
    Drama you are like god
    Originally posted by SwearBear
    Lol, yes its a 5 speed manuel. I **** automatic >.< And just because its a kia doesnt mean it doesnt have guts or power. 273whp with extreamly very little done to it like less then $100 done to it.

Comment

I love using the Levels under the image adjustments. It's a good quick way to edit a photo. Search on Google for PS editing tutorials, that's what I did a few weeks ago when I got my PS.
      Cars
      1994 Acura Integra RS - SOLD
      1994 Honda Del Sol S - TRADED
      1990 Honda CRX SiR - DD

Project SiR

Comment

I am have been playing with levels, but I don't know I have been seeing a lot of different effects on pics and I just want see what I can learn on there.
        - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

I love messing with the curves. With Curves you can achieve an effect like this one

Drama you are like god
          Lol, yes its a 5 speed manuel. I **** automatic >.< And just because its a kia doesnt mean it doesnt have guts or power. 273whp with extreamly very little done to it like less then $100 done to it.

Comment

The best advice is to just mess around with it and read tutorials. I am 100% self taught and I consider myself very knowledgeable but I have been using photoshop since Photoshop 4 came out. And by no means is this a program that is easy to use. It takes some time figure out how to do things. But once you know how to go about things on the program then it is amazing. And I still learn new things every day.

Comment

Originally posted by Drama View Post
              I love messing with the curves. With Curves you can achieve an effect like this one
              How do you use curves to get that tint?

Everytime I use curves I just make the picture look worse.

I'm a big fan of multi layer images these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Drama View Post
                EDIT: Didn't think to click "one" my bad. Do you guys by any chance have links to some good sites?
                Last edited by Kielan; 02-14-2010, 07:40 PM.
                - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

So I figured out playing with the different channels in curves to alter color, really powerful tool. You've used it very well if that's the main way you edited that supra set... impressive.

Comment

thats not my photo, but thats mainly the effect i get when I do it to my photos. You got to do em individual. When you click the curves thingy, theres a drop down menu and you can select the RGB individually. I usually mess with the Red and Green for that effect.
                    but yea you kinda get that greenish-redish effect to the photos when you do that

Drama you are like god

Comment

Yeah I began playing with that, really cool. I want to learn about this whole multilayer editing deal.
                      - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

never done multilayering but this looks like a good tut

Drama you are like god

Comment

Here is something I came up with after a little playing around.

- Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

99% of the time I edit my photos, I only use Curves, Brightness/Contrast and sometimes if I'm feeling dangerous, I'll double the layers and change the effect on one and overlay it.

Comment

Yeah, now that I have begun playing with the levels/curves/etc. I have found a whole bunch of other good stuff to play with. Check my flickr, the latest few pics are the ones that I have been messing around with and I think for a n00b they have come out pretty decently.
                              - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Working...
                              X