Danno's EP3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Danno's EP3

First off, i was alittle hesitant to post my car/build before its done/flush but my buddy Roy, has convinced me to do otherwise, so here it goes..

Little bit of an introduction..

Bought the car in 05, completely stock and left it like that for about a year or so, got out of school in 06, moved to the Philadelphia area for school, and by 07 it was Supercharged, Bolt-Ons, Coils, and cheap wheels.

Its crazy looking at these old pics, car is hideous lol

2008, moved back to VA, sold the s/c, began taking car apart for a k24 all motor project, at that point i truely had no plans other than just swapping the motor out and getting some new wheels for the car.

Bought a k24 longblock, disassembled it and sent the short block to a well known california machine shop and got it back completely rebuilt with a couple of new beauty marks,

Sent pics back to the shop and they ignored my emails and calls, finally gave up, sold whatever i could out of the block and im about to make a nice coffee table out of it lol..

Lost alot of money and momentum after that and its only due to my close friends that i pushed forward and replanned out the entire build for something i could really be proud of whenever i finished.

Stripped the interior, removed all sound deadening tar and repainted. (Just rattle canned it, plan to strip the entire car in the future and get it re-painted top to bottom.)

Took the dash out and removed everything to do with the a/c, heater, vents, etc. Tucked the wiring and re-loomed some of the stuff that would show. Also tucked the engine fuse panel by the glovebox, relocated the ecu bunch of shit nobody will ever notice but me i guess but hey, i built it for myself right?

Around this time my 2nd K24A1 longblock came in and i started breaking it down and cleaning, pulled my old k20 and began tucking, prepping, painting, for its new heart transplant.

Ok so after this i sat back for a little while and started spending money, peakboost turbo kit, type r bumpers, lips, etc. The picture below is about 10% of the brand new honda bolts, seals, and random parts i bought for the car. Every bolt has been changed to brand new honda or a stainless socket head allen. Exhaust from the turbo flange back is v-band 3" stainless w/one resonator no muffler. Turbo is an SC61, plated compressor, heat coated exhaust.

Which brings us to current day,

almost all the wiring is done, just need to weld up a couple holes in the firewall, get the car inspected, then bring it home and put all the turbo goods on and hit the rollers.

I cant wait to drop those photos but im still waiting to find the perfect offset in the wheel im looking at.

Pictures of the finish line and the proper wheel setup will be up soon, until then i will update as parts come in.

Thanks for looking, hope somebody enjoys the read.

More civic's!
    Looks interesting, cant wait to see more of this!

Its allowed to stop by my threads and say hi!

STANCE|INTHEWORKS

Comment

Damn nice. Will be watching this one for updates...

Comment

woot! you finally did it! haha
        ive seen lots of builds in the past, but everything is just so different about this one. All im gonna say is... Dans not the type to go the cheap route or cut corners. everything is just so legit...
        FCUK your bitches and the click you claim.™

Comment

soooooooooooooooooooooo stoked for this build. Probably the most Ive been for any car ever. This will be epic!

can i eat?

Comment

i see this thing everytime were at Dan's house, it will be epic once it's done!!

Comment

seen the progress in person so far and its a real clean job. keep at it

Comment

Thanks much from everybody, its been a long haul, but trust.. shits going to roll together quick from here on

Comment

yes! cant wait till the rest of the little bits and pieces start coming in... i wanna see this thing on the roads!
                  haha
                  FCUK your bitches and the click you claim.™

Comment

Hmmm following this one closely
                    I ees een jur cambers, nomnomin on jur tairs

Comment

Love EP3s, nice work!
                      Originally posted by da3bous
                      I want you to photoshop a giant penis down the side of my car

Comment

This looks killer.

Why would you rattle-can what appeared to be a perfectly fine white EP3? Was the stock paint foxed?

http://minkara.carview.co.jp/u...file/

Comment

Originally posted by Grey View Post
                          This looks killer.

Why would you rattle-can what appeared to be a perfectly fine white EP3? Was the stock paint foxed?
                          no no just the interior in the areas where the sound deadening tar was removed, just didnt want it to rust until i get the car painted

paints still nice, dont plan to change it right now, i just need to get my new bumpers painted

thanks for the comments and questions

Comment

I love hatches, ep3, and turbo power..it will be sick....im in love with the blue ep3 as well the ssr are incredible
                            I was born with nothing and still have most of it left

Comment

Originally posted by magoo_lc1 View Post
                              I love hatches, ep3, and turbo power..it will be sick....im in love with the blue ep3 as well the ssr are incredible
                              oh hell yea, cristians car is fuckin tits in person

Comment

Working...
                              X